Information about Isotretinoin
Isotretinoin is used in the treatment of acne.
How Isotretinoin works
Isotretinoin is a derivative of vitamin A. It acts on glands (sebaceous) to reduce the production of a natural substance (sebum) that causes acne. Also, the controlled sebum production kills acne-causing bacteria. It also works as an anti-inflammatory to decrease inflammation (redness and swelling).
Common side effects of Isotretinoin
Cracked lips, Dry eye, Dry nose, Dry skin
Available Medicine for Isotretinoin
AcnestarMankind Pharma Ltd
₹80 to ₹1295 variant(s)
SotretSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹82 to ₹3297 variant(s)
₹94 to ₹4487 variant(s)
TretivaIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹85 to ₹3426 variant(s)
AcutretIpca Laboratories Ltd
₹103 to ₹3414 variant(s)
Tretin-IsoHegde and Hegde Pharmaceutical LLP
₹165 to ₹2452 variant(s)
IsotaneMicro Labs Ltd
₹75 to ₹2623 variant(s)
D Acne IGlenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹153 to ₹2602 variant(s)
IsoinWallace Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹183 to ₹2962 variant(s)
₹169 to ₹2662 variant(s)
Expert advice for Isotretinoin
- You have been prescribed Isotretinoin for the treatment of severe acne.
- Take it with food.
- Avoid exposure to sunlight while using Isotretinoin. Use protective measures such as sun-cream or protective clothing.
- Avoid face waxing and laser treatment while using this medicine as it makes your skin more fragile.
- Avoid taking tetracycline as it may reduce the Isotretinoin activity.
- Do not take Isotretinoin if you are pregnant, planning pregnancy or breastfeeding.
- It may cause dryness of mouth, lips, and eyes. Drink plenty of water, use moisturiser and avoid wearing contact lenses. Inform your doctor if it bothers you.