Information about Tigecycline
Tigecycline is used in the treatment of severe bacterial infections.
How Tigecycline works
Tigecycline is an antibiotic. It stops bacterial growth by preventing synthesis of essential proteins required by bacteria to carry out vital functions.
Common side effects of Tigecycline
Headache, Vomiting, Nausea, Increased liver enzymes, Stomach pain, Diarrhea
Available Medicine for Tigecycline
EmtigEmcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd
TygarayMylan Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
TgkemAlkem Laboratories Ltd
₹1299 to ₹37372 variant(s)
TigebaxGlenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd
TigiNatco Pharma Ltd
ZutigZuventus Healthcare Ltd
TigeficGufic Bioscience Ltd
Expert advice for Tigecycline
- Tigecycline is an antibiotic that is usually only given in the hospital for serious infections.
- Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better. Stopping it early may make the infection to come back and harder to treat.
- It may cause dizziness. Don't drive or do anything that requires mental focus until you know how Tigecycline affects you.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect but should stop when your course is complete. Inform your doctor if it doesn't stop or if you find blood in your stools.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
- Discontinue Tigecycline and inform your doctor immediately if you get a rash, itchy skin, swelling of face and mouth, or have difficulty in breathing.