Substitutes for TIGANEX INJECTION
TAGBACT 50MG INJECTION
₹280.0/ML of injection
TIGI 50MG INJECTION
Natco Pharma Ltd
₹538.46/ML of injection
TECLINE 50MG INJECTION
TIGEBEST 50MG INJECTION
Gland Pharma Limited
TGKEM 50MG INJECTION
Alkem Laboratories Ltd
₹1299.0/ML of injection
Medicine Overview of TIGANEX INJECTION
Uses of TIGANEX INJECTION
Tiganex 50mg injection is used in the treatment of serious bacterial infections.
Side effects of TIGANEX INJECTION
Nausea, Rash, Photosensitivity, Vomiting, Loss of appetite, Haemolytic anemia, Diarrhoea, Urticaria.
How to use TIGANEX INJECTION
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
How TIGANEX INJECTION works
Tiganex 50mg injection is an antibiotic. It stops bacterial growth by inhibiting synthesis of essential proteins, which are required by bacteria to carry out vital functions.
In Depth Information on TIGANEX INJECTION
Expert advice for TIGANEX INJECTION
- Use in children (younger than 8 years old) with extreme caution as it can cause permanent yellowing or graying of the teeth.
- Use necessary precautions (such as a condom, diaphragm, spermicide) to avoid pregnancy while using tigecycline.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as tigecycline may cause dizziness.
- Avoid exposure to sunlight as tigecycline may cause increased sensitivity to sunlight.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you have itching, hives, hoarseness, trouble breathing, trouble swallowing, or any swelling of your hands, face, or mouth after you receive this medicine.
- Seek advice from your doctor if you have sudden and severe stomach pain, chills, constipation, nausea, vomiting, fever, or lightheadedness.
- Take tigecycline for recommended duration to clear up your infection completely. Do not stop taking the medication even if you feel better.
- Consult your doctor if you develop signs of infections, as long-term or repeated use of tigecycline may cause a secondary infection.
Special precautions for TIGANEX 50MG INJECTION
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Tiganex 50mg injection is unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor....
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
Unknown. Human and animal studies are not available. Please consult your doctor.
Caution is advised when driving or operating machinery.
There is no interaction between renal impairment and consumi+more
ng this drug. So dose alteration is not needed....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
SUCRAMAL SUSPENSION, SUFRATE O SUSPENSION, EPSOLIN 50MG/2ML INJECTION, BEETAL TABLET
Frequently asked questions for TIGANEX 50MG INJECTION
Frequently asked questions for Tigecycline
Q. Is tigecycline a tetracycline?
Yes, Tigecycline is a tetracycline antibiotic
Q. Is tigecycline bacteriostatic/ nephrotoxic /bactericidal?
Tigecycline is bacteriostatic. It is not a nephrotoxic or bactericidal
Q. What is tigecycline used for?
Tigecycline is used to treat various types of infections such as complicated skin and skin structure infections, complicated intra-abdominal infections, community-acquired bacterial pneumonia
Q. Does Tigecycline cover MRSA/ VRE/anaerobes/ c diff?
Yes, Tigecycline covers MSRA, anaerobes, VRE, C diff
Q. How does Tigecycline work?
Tigecycline works by preventing the bacteria from multiplying.