Medicine Overview of Tigaphar Injection
Uses of Tigaphar Injection
Tigaphar 50mg Injection is used in the treatment of serious bacterial infections.
Side effects of Tigaphar Injection
Nausea, Rash, Photosensitivity, Vomiting, Loss of appetite, Haemolytic anemia, Diarrhoea, Urticaria.
How to use Tigaphar Injection
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
How Tigaphar Injection works
Tigaphar 50mg injection is an antibiotic. It stops bacterial growth by inhibiting synthesis of essential proteins, which are required by bacteria to carry out vital functions.
In Depth Information on Tigaphar Injection
Expert advice for Tigaphar Injection
- Use in children (younger than 8 years old) with extreme caution as it can cause permanent yellowing or graying of the teeth.
- Use necessary precautions (such as a condom, diaphragm, spermicide) to avoid pregnancy while using tigecycline.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as tigecycline may cause dizziness.
- Avoid exposure to sunlight as tigecycline may cause increased sensitivity to sunlight.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you have itching, hives, hoarseness, trouble breathing, trouble swallowing, or any swelling of your hands, face, or mouth after you receive this medicine.
- Seek advice from your doctor if you have sudden and severe stomach pain, chills, constipation, nausea, vomiting, fever, or lightheadedness.
- Take tigecycline for recommended duration to clear up your infection completely. Do not stop taking the medication even if you feel better.
- Consult your doctor if you develop signs of infections, as long-term or repeated use of tigecycline may cause a secondary infection.
Special precautions for Tigaphar 50mg Injection
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Tigaphar 50mg Injection is unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor....
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
Tigaphar 50mg Injection is probably usafe to use during lact+more
ation. Limited human data suggests that the drug could represent a significant risk to the baby....
Tigaphar 50mg Injection may make you feel dizzy, sleepy, tir+more
ed, or decrease alertness. If this happens, do not drive....
Tigaphar 50mg Injection is safe to use in patients with kidn+more
ey disease. No dose adjustment of Tigaphar 50mg Injection is recommended....
Tigaphar 50mg Injection should be used with caution in patie+more
nts with severe liver disease. Dose adjustment of Tigaphar 50mg Injection may be needed. Please consult your doctor....
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Barbinol 20mg/5ml Syrup, Sucramal Suspension, Sufrate O Suspension, Epsolin 50mg/2ml Injection
Frequently asked questions for Tigaphar 50mg Injection
Frequently asked questions for Tigecycline
Q. Is tigecycline a tetracycline?
Yes, Tigecycline is a tetracycline antibiotic
Tigaphar is bacteriostatic. It is not a nephrotoxic or bactericidal
Tigaphar is used to treat various types of infections such as complicated skin and skin structure infections, complicated intra-abdominal infections, community-acquired bacterial pneumonia
Yes, Tigaphar covers MSRA, anaerobes, VRE, C diff
Tigaphar works by preventing the bacteria from multiplying.
Substitutes for Tigaphar Injection
Tiganex 50mg Injection
₹649.0/ml of Injection
Teglin 50mg Injection
Micro Labs Ltd
₹1347.02/ml of Injection
Tiziren 50mg Injection
La Renon Healthcare Pvt Ltd
Tygaray 50mg Injection
Mylan Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
Tisam 50mg Injection
Samarth Life Sciences Pvt Ltd
₹2887.5/ml of Injection