food interaction for THROBIT
alcohol interaction for THROBIT
pregnancy interaction for THROBIT
lactation interaction for THROBIT
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for THROBIT
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for THROBIT
- AZEE 250MG TABLET(6 tablets in strip)Cipla LtdRs. 9.51/tabletRs. 57.08save 20% more per tablet
- ZATHRIN 250 MG TABLET(6 tablets in strip)FDC LtdRs. 9.51/tabletRs. 57.05save 20% more per tablet
- ATM 250 MG TABLET(6 tablets in strip)Indoco Remedies LtdRs. 9.56/tabletRs. 57.35save 19% more per tablet
- LAZ 250 MG TABLET(6 tablet in strip)Hetero Drugs LtdRs. 9.17/tabletRs. 55save 22% more per tablet
- AZIMAX 250MG TABLET(6 tablets in strip)Cipla LtdRs. 9.51/tabletRs. 57.08save 20% more per tablet
- Dr. Khoobsurat NajmaMBBS
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Ashutosh ShuklaMBBS, MD, Diploma, Fellowship
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. Kartavya ShahMBBS, DNB
Expert advice for THROBIT
- Do not Azithromycin with food. Take it 1 hour before or 2 hours after food
- Do not take Azithromycin if you are allergic to azithromycin, erythromycin , roxithromycin or clarithromycin
- Do not take any antacids containing magnesium or aluminium for up to 2 hours before and after taking this drug.
- Consult your doctor before taking this drug if you are pregnant or breast feeding
Frequently asked questions for THROBIT
Q.Is azithromycin/ Azithral/ Azax/ Zithrox/ Zithrox plus/ Azithro 500/Aziwok used for cough, cold and sore throat?
Yes. Azithromycin (also available as Azithral/ Azax/ Zithrox/ Zithrox plus/ Azithro 500/Aziwok) is used to treat bacterial infections of the nose, throat and chest
Q.Is azithromycin and erythromycin the same?
No. Both are different type of antibiotic belonging to same class. Azithromycin is next generation antibiotic of erythromycin class
Q.Is azithromycin safe?
Azithromycin is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor.