food interaction for TEXAKIND
alcohol interaction for TEXAKIND
pregnancy interaction for TEXAKIND
lactation interaction for TEXAKIND
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for TEXAKIND
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for TEXAKIND 500 MG TABLET
Patients taking TEXAKIND 500 MG TABLET
- 63%Thrice A Day
- 25%Once A Day
- 13%Twice A Day
SUBSTITUTES for TEXAKIND
- TRENAXA 500 MG TABLET(6 tablets in strip)Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 16.23/tabletRs. 97.40pay 55% more per tablet
- PAUSE 500MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Emcure Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 16.23/tabletRs. 162.30pay 55% more per tablet
- TRAPIC 500 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 16.23/tabletRs. 162.33pay 55% more per tablet
- TRANOSTAT 500 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Ozone Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 16.20/tabletRs. 162pay 55% more per tablet
- XAMIC 500 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Torrent Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 16.23/tabletRs. 162.33pay 55% more per tablet
- Dr. Hemant GandhiMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. (Col.) Balbir KalraMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. R. R. KasliwalMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship
- Dr. Monik MehtaMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship
- Dr. Tapan GhoseMBBS, DNB, MD, DNB, Fellowship, Fellowship
Expert advice for TEXAKIND
- before the start of menstruation.
- If you are a woman >45 years of age
- If you are allergic to tranexamic acid or any of the ingredients of this medicine
- Consult your doctor if menstrual bleeding is not reduced after three menstrual cycles.
- To be sure this medication is not causing harmful effects, your vision may need to be tested while you are using tranexamic acid. Follow your doctor's instructions.
Frequently asked questions for TEXAKIND
Q.Is tranexamic acid a NSAID/steroid/a blood thinner/painkiller?
No, tranexamic acid belongs to a class of medications called antifibrinolytic, which are used to prevent the breakdown of blood clots in the body, thereby reducing bleeding. It is not an NSAID, steroid, blood thinner, or pain-killer
Q.Is tranexamic acid an over the counter drug?
No, it is available as a prescription drug
Q.Is tranexamic acid FDA approved?
Yes, tranexamic acid is approved by FDA, and marketed in most countries
Q.Can I take tranexamic acid with ibuprofen/ paracetamol/ Cerazette (progesterone alone contraceptive pill)/ norethisterone/ mefanamic acid/ diclofenac/ Provera (medroxyprogesterone) /antibiotics?
Cerazette (progesterone alone contraceptive pill)/ norethisterone/ Provera (medroxyprogesterone) are contraindicated with tranexamic acid. No clinically observed drug interaction has been reported with paracetamol, ibuprofen or diclofenac. Please consult your doctor when using concomitantly
Q.How long can I take Tranexamic acid?
It is advisable to take this drug only till prescribed by the doctor
Q.Does tranexamic acid stop period/ period pain?
Tranexamic acid helps to reduce excessive bleeding during heavy menstrual cycle. It may not reduce the pain associated with periods
Q.Does tranexamic acid affect ovulation/fertility/ heels cramp/cause a blood clot/ stop bleeding?
Tranexamic acid helps to reduce excessive bleeding during heavy menstrual cycle. It does not reduce fertility or ovulation, and is not known to cause leg cramps or, blood clot. Always follow your doctor's advice regarding its use.