Information about Tranexamic Acid
Tranexamic acid uses
Tranexamic Acid is used in the treatment of bleeding. It is used to prevent or reduce bleeding for short period of time in conditions like heavy periods, dysfunctional uterine bleeding, nosebleed, tooth removal, after prostate surgery or after bladder surgery.
How tranexamic acid works
Tranexamic Acid is an anti-fibrinolytic. It works by preventing the breakdown of blood clots to control excessive bleeding during periods, or after surgery.
Common side effects of tranexamic acid
Tiredness, Injection site reactions (pain, swelling, redness), Nasal congestion, Musculoskeletal (bone, muscle or joint) pain
Available Medicine for Tranexamic Acid
- ₹48 to ₹129Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹80 to ₹267Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd5 variant(s)
- ₹71 to ₹172Ozone Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹69 to ₹255Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd5 variant(s)
- ₹40 to ₹118Mankind Pharma Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹71 to ₹172Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹191Pfizer Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹218 to ₹240Akumentis Healthcare Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹44 to ₹137FDC Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹71 to ₹300Mercury Laboratories Ltd3 variant(s)
Expert advice for Tranexamic Acid
- Tranexamic Acid helps prevent or reduce heavy bleeding post surgery and in conditions such as heavy periods, dysfunctional uterine bleeding, and nosebleeds.
- Your doctor will prescribe the lowest effective dose for the shortest possible time necessary to relieve your symptoms.
- If taking for heavy periods, take it on the first day as taking it before or after will not have any benefit.
- Your doctor may monitor your vision regularly while you are taking this medicine.
- Inform your doctor if you have a history of kidney or liver disease.
- Inform your doctor if there is no improvement in your bleeding after using this medicine for three consecutive periods.
Frequently asked questions for Tranexamic Acid
Q. How long does Tranexamic Acid take to stop bleeding?
Usually, Tranexamic Acid starts working in 30 min of taking it. The affect of this medicine stays for 3 hours. If your bleeding does not seem to stop even after taking Tranexamic Acid, contact your doctor immediately.