Information about Tranexamic Acid
Tranexamic Acid Uses
Tranexamic Acid is used in the treatment of bleeding. It is used to prevent or reduce bleeding for short period of time in conditions like heavy periods, dysfunctional uterine bleeding, nosebleed, tooth removal, after prostate surgery or after bladder surgery.
How Tranexamic Acid works
Tranexamic Acid is an anti-fibrinolytic. It works by preventing the breakdown of blood clots to control excessive bleeding during periods, or after surgery.
Common side effects of Tranexamic Acid
Tiredness, Nasal congestion (stuffy nose), Musculoskeletal (bone, muscle or joint) pain
Available Medicine for Tranexamic Acid
TrenaxaMacleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹48 to ₹1284 variant(s)
PauseEmcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹78 to ₹2675 variant(s)
TranostatOzone Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹78 to ₹1822 variant(s)
TrapicSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹69 to ₹3375 variant(s)
TexakindMankind Pharma Ltd
₹44 to ₹1252 variant(s)
XamicTorrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹71 to ₹1822 variant(s)
₹71 to ₹1912 variant(s)
TranesmaAkumentis Healthcare Ltd
₹218 to ₹5404 variant(s)
₹48 to ₹1452 variant(s)
Clot-XLShrinivas Gujarat Laboratories Pvt Ltd
₹65 to ₹1902 variant(s)
Expert advice for Tranexamic Acid
- Tranexamic Acid helps prevent or reduce heavy bleeding post surgery and in conditions such as heavy periods, dysfunctional uterine bleeding, and nosebleeds.
- Your doctor will prescribe the lowest effective dose for the shortest possible time necessary to relieve your symptoms.
- If taking for heavy periods, take it on the first day as taking it before or after will not have any benefit.
- Your doctor may monitor your vision regularly while you are taking this medicine.
- Inform your doctor if you have a history of kidney or liver disease.
- Inform your doctor if there is no improvement in your bleeding after using this medicine for three consecutive periods.