food interaction for TERLIEON
alcohol interaction for TERLIEON
pregnancy interaction for TERLIEON
lactation interaction for TERLIEON
Human and animal studies have shown significant adverse effects on the foetus. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for TERLIEON
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for TERLIEONNo substitutes found
- Dr. Beena BansalMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Dheeraj KapoorMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Richa ChaturvediMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Sunil Kumar MishraMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Sfurti MannMBBS, MD, Diploma
Expert advice for TERLIEON
- Inform your doctor if you have or ever had breathing problems, hypertension, brain problems, heart problems, or kidney problems.
- Do not consume alcohol with terlipressin as it may lead to serious side effects.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for TERLIEON
Q.How does terlipressin work?
Terlipressin works by decreasing the blood flow to the gastrointestinal system and helps to reduce gastrointestinal bleeding caused by high blood pressure in the liver or swollen blood vessels in the esophagus.