Information about Terlipressin
Terlipressin is used in the treatment of bleeding esophageal varices.
How terlipressin works
Terlipressin works on the walls of blood vessels, causing them narrow and decrease the blood flow into the affected veins. This helps to stop or slow the bleeding.
Common side effects of terlipressin
Headache, Slow heart rate, Increased blood pressure, Pale skin, Abdominal cramp, Diarrhoea
Available Medicine for Terlipressin
- ₹2579Wockhardt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹1560Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹1708Alembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹1465Samarth Life Sciences Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹1647Cadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹2035United Biotech Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹1764Neon Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹625Serum Institute Of India Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹1394Cipla Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹2196Biocon1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Terlipressin
- Inform your doctor if you have or ever had breathing problems, hypertension, brain problems, heart problems, or kidney problems.
- Do not consume alcohol with terlipressin as it may lead to serious side effects.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for Terlipressin
Q. How does Terlipressin work?
Terlipressin works by decreasing the blood flow to the gastrointestinal system and helps to reduce gastrointestinal bleeding caused by high blood pressure in the liver or swollen blood vessels in the esophagus.