Medicine Overview of Tenfoclear Tablet
How to use Tenfoclear Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Tenfoclear 300mg Tablet is to be taken with food.
How Tenfoclear Tablet works
Tenfoclear 300mg Tablet prevents the multiplication of HIV virus in human cells. Thus stops the HIV virus from producing new viruses.
In Depth Information on Tenfoclear Tablet
Expert advice for Tenfoclear Tablet
- Do not take tenofovir if you are already taking medicines that contain tenofovir in combination with other drugs.
- Do not take tenofovir with other drugs that can potentially damage your kidneys; especially adefovir (used in treatment of hepatitis B).
- Contact your doctor immediately if you notice symptoms: deep and rapid breathing, drowsiness, urge to vomit (nausea), vomiting, muscle pain or weakness, numb or cold feeling in your arms and legs, stomach pain, fast or uneven heart rate, or feeling very weak or tired. These might indicate development of a life-threatening side effect of tenofovir called lactic acidosis (excess lactic acid in blood). Lactic acidosis occurs more often in women, particularly if they are very overweight or are taking nucleoside antivirals for a long time.
- Tenofovir may damage your kidneys (nephrotoxicity). Constant monitoring of kidney function (blood tests to assess the health of kidneys) is advised while on treatment with tenofovir.
- Contact your doctor immediately if you have symptoms: persistent urge of vomit (nausea), upper stomach pain, itching, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (abnormal liver function causing yellowing of the skin or eyes). These might indicate development of severe liver damage.
- Decreases in bone mineral density can happen while taking tenofovir.
- Do consult your doctor before taking tenofovir if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant.
- Do not use tenofovir if you are breast-feeding.
- Tenofovir may cause lipodystrophy (changes in body fat - build up or loss of body fat) especially in elderly patients with HIV. Physical examination of fat redistribution and monitoring of blood levels of lipids and sugar may be advised in elderly.
- Discuss with your doctor about necessary precautions (practicing safer sex and making other life-style changes) to be taken to avoid spreading of HIV virus to others.
Tenfoclear Tablet related warnings
Special precautions for Tenfoclear Tablet
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
Tenfoclear 300mg Tablet is probably safe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
Tenfoclear 300mg Tablet is probably safe to use during lacta+more
tion. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby....
Tenfoclear 300mg Tablet may make you feel dizzy, sleepy, tir+more
ed, or decrease alertness. If this happens, do not drive....
Tenfoclear 300mg Tablet should be used with caution in patie+more
nts with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Tenfoclear 300mg Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor....
Tenfoclear 300mg Tablet is probably safe to use in patients+more
with liver disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Tenfoclear 300mg Tablet may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor....
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Valgaids 450mg Tablet, Gero 80mg/2ml Injection, Adamon 100mg Injection, TRANDOL 50MG INJECTION
If you miss a dose of Tenofovir, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions about Tenfoclear Tablet
Frequently asked questions about Tenofovir
Q. Is tenofovir a NRTI?
Yes. Tenofovir is an antiviral drug belonging to class nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors (NRTIs)
Q. What is tenofovir/tenofovir disoproxil fumarate used for/ What does tenofovir treat?
Tenofovir is an antiviral drug used in combination with other drugs in the treatment of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infections. It may also be used in very limited cases of long-term infections of liver caused by hepatitis B virus
Q. Is Viraday safe/ effective?
Viraday is a trade name for fixed-dose combination of drugs efavirenz, emtricitabine, and tenofovir. It is safe and effective if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Is viraday the same as atripla?
Yes. Viraday and atripla are trade names for fixed-dose combination of drugs efavirenz, emtricitabine, and tenofovir. They are used in the treatment of HIV
Q. How does tenofovir work?
Tenofovir is an antiviral drug belonging to class nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors (NRTIs). By the virtue of its structure that closely resembles the natural structure of viral DNA, tenofovir incorporates itself into the viral DNA. By doing so, it blocks the activity of an important viral enzyme reverse transcriptase which is involved in the replication of viral DNA, a process essential for survival of the virus
Q. Does tenofovir cause hair loss?
Hair loss is not a known side effect of tenofovir
Q. Does tenofovir cause lipodystrophy?
Tenofovir may cause lipodystrophy (build up or loss of body fat) especially in elderly patients with HIV. Physical examination of fat redistribution and monitoring of blood levels of lipids and sugar may be advised in elderly
Q. How does tenofovir cause renal toxicity/renal failure?
Tenofovir is predominantly excreted by the kidneys. The part of kidneys involved in its excretion is called the proximal tubule. Studies indicate that tenofovir accumulation in the proximal tubule due to interaction with other drugs (eg. ritonavir) or prolonged use is responsible for kidney damage (renal toxicity). The kidney damage may then progress to kidney failure
Q. Does tenofovir cure hepatitis B/ Is viraday effective/does viraday work?
Yes. Viraday is effective against human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) and some cases of hepatitis B. It is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor.
User Submitted Feedback For Tenfoclear 300mg Tablet
Patients taking Tenfoclear 300mg Tablet
Once A Day
What were the side-effects while using this medicine?
No Side Effect
How do you take this medicine?
With or without food
How much was the improvement?
Please rate this medicine on price?
What are you using this medicine for?
Chronic hepatitis B virus (HBV) infection
Survey Participants: 15
“The following are the results of on-going survey on 1mg.com for Tenfoclear 300mg Tablet. These results only indicate the perceptions of the website users. Please base your medical decisions only on the advice of a doctor or a registered medical professional.”
One of the following vendor pharmacies will deliver Tenfoclear 300mg Tablet: PTI, DLP, HIP, HGI, DPL, DHR, OLT, MOM, JMJ, OIP, JIV, IAD, SVH, INC, ENP, NWP, SAF, MAX, HRV, RJH, GTK, OHM, RHW, AAR, AYU, 9T9, PVP, DPP, NDP, WLC, CLT, DYG, SJP, BDN, RPP, STA, AGT, SCH, SBL, MAM, SWA, LHA, GNC, BBS, SDM, NNH, GTC, AVN, ATP, NVL, EMB, PPR, BMJ, AMR, BIO, WSI, MMS, GPT, DDR, FGH, HMP, RUS, LCC, KHH, RSA, OWP, BTM, SHD, PNT, HAT, MPC, SHM, ATL, SAT, SHP, NVY, UMP, IPL, PEN, HEX, HBV, PLT, BSN, TRP, SBA, JVN, RKS, ZVP, JVO, MSD, MAK, RSS, ARD, AAY, USF, GBL, DFP, MLC, EQN, ADT, SSA
Substitutes for Tenfoclear Tablet
Ricovir 300mg Tablet
Mylan Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
Rivofonet 300mg Tablet
Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Tenof 300mg Tablet
Hetero Drugs Ltd
Tenof 300mg Tablet
Hetero Drugs Ltd
Valten 300mg Tablet