food interaction for TELPRES H
alcohol interaction for TELPRES H
pregnancy interaction for TELPRES H
lactation interaction for TELPRES H
Taking Hydrochlorothiazide with alcohol may have additive effects in lowering blood pressure. You may experience headache, dizziness, lightheadedness, fainting, and/or changes in pulse or heart rate.
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for TELPRES H
How it works
Common side effects
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for TELPRES H 40MG TABLET
Patients taking TELPRES H 40MG TABLET
- 98%Once A Day
- 2%Twice A Day
SUBSTITUTES for TELPRES H
- TELMA H 40 MG/12.5 MG TABLET(15 tablets in strip)Glenmark Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 12.30/tabletRs. 184.50pay 6% more per tablet
- TAZLOC H 40 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)USV LtdRs. 10.80/tabletRs. 108save 6% more per tablet
- TELVAS H 40MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 5.50/tabletRs. 55save 52% more per tablet
- TELISTA-H 40 MG TABLET(15 tablets in strip)Lupin LtdRs. 11.67/tabletRs. 175pay 1% more per tablet
- TELSAR H 40MG TABLET(15 tablets in strip)Unichem Laboratories LtdRs. 11.10/tabletRs. 166.50save 4% more per tablet
- Dr. Rajneesh KapoorMBBS, MD, DNB
- Dr. Balbir SinghMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Hemant GandhiMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Manjinder SandhuMBBS, MD, DNB, DM, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Tapan GhoseMBBS, DNB, MD, DNB, Fellowship, Fellowship
Expert advice for TELPRES H
- Telmisartan may cause dizziness and lightheadedness. To avoid this, take the Telmisartan at bedtime, drink plenty of water and get up slowly after sitting or lying down.
- Avoid driving, if you feel dizzy after consuming Telmisartan.
- Avoid taking potassium supplements and potassium-rich foods such as banana and broccoli.
- Notify your doctor immediately if you are or planning to become pregnant.
- Telmisartan should be discontinued a day prior to the scheduled surgery.
- Your doctor may recommend a change in the lifestyle to lower your blood pressure. It may include:
- Consume fruits, vegetables, low-fat dairy products, and reduce saturated-total fat.
- Reduce daily dietary sodium intake as much as possible, ideally to 65 mmol/day (1.5 g/day sodium or 3.8 g/day sodium chloride).
- Regular aerobic physical activity (at least 30 minutes/day, most days of the week).
Frequently asked questions for TELPRES H
Q.Is telmisartan safe?
Telmisartan is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.What is telmisartan used for?
Telmisartan is an angiotensin II receptor blocker that blocks the activity of angiotensin II responsible for narrowing of the blood vessels. It relaxes the blood vessels; thereby lowering blood pressure
Q.Is telmisartan a blood thinner, ACE inhibitor, diuretic or a beta-locker?
Telmisartan is an angiotensin II receptor blocker, not a blood thinner, ACE inhibitor, diuretic, or a beta-blocker
Q.Is telmisartan a generic?
Yes, telmisartan is a generic drug sold under several pharmaceutical brand names (Micardis, Telma, Telmate, Tazloc, Telsartan-h, etc.)
Q.Is telmisartan better than losartan or olmesartan?
Although all the three drugs have shown to be effective against the approved indications, but their effect may vary upon individual response.
Q.Hydrochlorothiazide is a diuretic,which increases the excretion of urine?
Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q.Is hydrochlorothiazide a statin/ opiate?
No.It is the derivative of chlorothiazide
Q.Is hydrochlorothiazide bad for your kidneys?
No.Hydrochlorthiazide is a safe drug at prescribed dose by your doctor. Consult your doctor if you have kidney disease and follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q.Can I take hydrochlorothiazide with lisinopril/ ibuprofen/ synthroid/ aspirin/ potassium/ phentermine/ losartan/ naproxen/ magnesium/ vitamins?
Taking other medicines may alter the effects of hydrochlorothiazide. Always consult your doctor for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required
Q.Does hydrochlorothiazide cause diabetes/ erectile dysfunction/ weight loss/ gout/ constipation/tinnitus/ potassium loss?
Hydrochlorothiazide causing these side effects is rare or uncommon. However, consult your doctor if you experience any of these side effects
Q.Does hydrochlorothiazide have sulfa in it?
Yes.Hydrochlorothiazide has sulfa and it is chemically known as 6-chloro- 3, 4-dihydro-2 H-1, 2, 4-benzothiadiazine-7-sulfonamide 1, 1-dioxide
Q.Does hydrochlorothiazide clean your system?
No.Hydrochlorothiazide reduces extra fluid in the body.