Telmisartan + Hydrochlorothiazide
Information about Telmisartan + Hydrochlorothiazide
Telmisartan + hydrochlorothiazide uses
Telmisartan+Hydrochlorothiazide is used in the treatment of Hypertension (high blood pressure).
How telmisartan + hydrochlorothiazide works
This is a combination of two medicines: Telmisartan and hydrochlorothiazide which lowers the blood pressure effectively. Telmisartan is an angiotensin receptor blocker (ARB). It works by blocking the hormone angiotensin thereby relaxing blood vessels. This allows the blood to flow more smoothly and the heart to pump more efficiently. Hydrochlorothiazide is a diuretic that removes extra water and certain electrolytes from the body. Over time it also relaxes blood vessels and improves blood flow.
Common side effects of telmisartan + hydrochlorothiazide
Dizziness, Fatigue, Flu-like symptoms, Diarrhea, Nausea, Sinus inflammation, Upper respiratory tract infection
Available Medicine for Telmisartan + Hydrochlorothiazide
- ₹221 to ₹404Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹60 to ₹85Mankind Pharma Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹64 to ₹112Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹117 to ₹190USV Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹232 to ₹336Lupin Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹166 to ₹504Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd6 variant(s)
- ₹202 to ₹213Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹71 to ₹108Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹210 to ₹280Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹175 to ₹311Eris Lifesciences Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Telmisartan + Hydrochlorothiazide
- You have been prescribed Telmisartan + Hydrochlorothiazide for the treatment of high blood pressure.
- It may also decrease the risk of stroke and heart attacks.
- It can be taken with or without food.
- Telmisartan + Hydrochlorothiazide may cause dehydration. Drink plenty of fluids and inform your doctor if you develop extreme thirst, muscle weakness or very dry mouth.
- It may cause dizziness. Get up slowly when rising from a sitting or lying position.
- Use of Telmisartan + Hydrochlorothiazide during pregnancy or breastfeeding is unsafe.
Frequently asked questions for Telmisartan + Hydrochlorothiazide
Telmisartan + Hydrochlorothiazide
Q. What is Telmisartan+Hydrochlorothiazide?
Telmisartan+Hydrochlorothiazide is a combination of two medicines: Telmisartan and Hydrochlorothiazide. This medication reduces the risk of strokes and myocardial infarction (heart attack) and is used to treat hypertension (high blood pressure).
Q. Can the use of Telmisartan+Hydrochlorothiazide cause dizziness?
Yes, the use of Telmisartan+Hydrochlorothiazide can cause dizziness (feeling faint, weak, unsteady or lightheaded) in some patients. If you feel dizzy or lightheaded, it is better to rest for some time and resume once you feel better.
Q. Are there any specific contraindications associated with the use of Telmisartan+Hydrochlorothiazide?
The use of Telmisartan+Hydrochlorothiazide is considered to be harmful for patients with known allergy to any of the components or excipients of this medicine. It should preferably be avoided in patients with severe renal or hepatic impairment, patients with anuria and in women who are in the second and third trimesters of their pregnancy.
Q. What is the recommended storage condition for Telmisartan+Hydrochlorothiazide?
Keep this medicine in the container or the pack it came in, tightly closed. Store it according to the instructions mentioned on the pack or label. Dispose of the unused medicine. Make sure it is not consumed by pets, children and other people.