Telmisartan + Hydrochlorothiazide
Information about Telmisartan + Hydrochlorothiazide
Telmisartan + hydrochlorothiazide uses
Telmisartan+Hydrochlorothiazide is used in the treatment of high blood pressure.
How telmisartan + hydrochlorothiazide works
This is a combination of two medicines: Telmisartan and hydrochlorothiazide which lower blood pressure effectively. Telmisartan is an angiotensin receptor blocker (ARB). It works by blocking the hormone angiotensin thereby relaxing blood vessels. This allows the blood to flow more smoothly and the heart to pump more efficiently. Hydrochlorothiazide is a diuretic that removes extra water and certain electrolytes from the body. Over time it also relaxes blood vessels and improves blood flow.
Common side effects of telmisartan + hydrochlorothiazide
Dizziness, Altered blood lipids
Available Medicine for Telmisartan + Hydrochlorothiazide
- ₹202 to ₹613Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹64 to ₹104Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹108 to ₹174USV Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹211 to ₹305Lupin Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹175 to ₹311Eris Life Sciences Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹184 to ₹194Unichem Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹110 to ₹183Cipla Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹139 to ₹219Abbott2 variant(s)
- ₹55 to ₹79Mankind Pharma Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹193Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Telmisartan + Hydrochlorothiazide
- You have been prescribed Telmisartan + Hydrochlorothiazide for the treatment of high blood pressure. It decreases the risk of stroke and heart attacks.
- It can be taken with or without food.
- Telmisartan + Hydrochlorothiazide may cause dehydration. Drink plenty of fluids and Inform your doctor if you develop extreme thirst, muscle weakness or very dry mouth.
- It may cause dizziness. Get up slowly when rising from a sitting or lying position.
- Telmisartan + Hydrochlorothiazide is not safe to use if you're pregnant or breastfeeding.