Medicine Overview of Tacomax Ointment
Side effects of Tacomax Ointment
Application site reactions (burning, irritation, itching and redness), Skin infection.
How to use Tacomax Ointment
This medicine is for external use only. Use it in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Check the label for directions before use. Clean and dry the affected area and gently massage the ointment. Wash your hands after applying, unless hands are the affected area.
How Tacomax Ointment works
Tacomax Ointment is an immunosuppressant that works by decreasing inflammation in the skin which causes redness and itching of the skin.
In Depth Information on Tacomax Ointment
Expert advice for Tacomax Ointment
- Wash your hands before applying Tacomax. Apply a thin layer to the areas of skin affected by atopic dermatitis (eczema).
- Make sure your skin affected by atopic dermatitis (eczema) is completely dry especially after bath or shower.
- Limit sun exposure during treatment even when the medicine is not applied on the skin.
- Do not cover the skin being treated with bandages or dressings. You can wear normal clothing.
- Avoid getting Tacomax in the eyes or mouth. If the Tacomax gets on any of these areas, it should be thoroughly wiped off and/or rinsed off with water.
- Stop Tacomax when the signs and symptoms of atopic dermatitis (eczema) such as itching, rash, and redness go away or consult your doctor.
- Not recommended to be used for more than 6 weeks and if needed, treatment may be repeated with breaks in-between.
- Can’t be used if your immune system is weak (for example, if you have cancer or are taking steroids for a long time).
- Inform your doctor if you have any infection on your skin including chicken pox or herpes.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
- Many people see an improvement in their skin in as early as one week.
- Not recommended in children aged below 2 years.
Tacomax Ointment related warnings
Special precautions for Tacomax Ointment
No interaction found
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Tacomax Ointment may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Tacomax Ointment is probably safe to use during lactation. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby.+more
The baby's skin should not come into direct contact with the treated area of skin. Water-miscible cream/gel is preferred as ointments may expose the baby to harmful effects of Tacomax Ointment via licking....
The baby's skin should not come into direct contact with the treated area of skin. Water-miscible cream/gel is preferred as ointments may expose the baby to harmful effects of Tacomax Ointment via licking.
Tacomax Ointment does not usually affect your ability to drive.
Tacomax Ointment is probably safe to use in patients with ki+more
dney disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Tacomax Ointment may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor....
Tacomax Ointment is probably safe to use in patients with li+more
ver disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Tacomax Ointment may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor....
Frequently asked questions about Tacomax Ointment
Frequently asked questions about Tacrolimus Topical
Q. Is tacrolimus a steroid?
Tacrolimus is an immunosuppressant drug. It is not a steroid drug
Q. Is tacrolimus nephrotoxic or cytotoxic?
Tacrolimus may cause destruction of certain types of cells (cytotoxic) and may impair kidney function (nephrotoxic). Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use.
Substitutes for Tacomax Ointment
Tacvido 0.03% Ointment
₹8.8/gm of Ointment
Eczrid 0.03% w/w Ointment
Salve Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹9.6/gm of Ointment
Imograf 0.03% w/w Ointment
Canixa Life Sciences Pvt
₹10.4/gm of Ointment
Tbis 0.03% Ointment
₹11.37/gm of Ointment
Cutiac 0.03% w/w Ointment
₹11.5/gm of Ointment