Medicine Overview of T Top Ointment
Uses of T Top Ointment
T Top Ointment is used for Organ transplantation.
Side effects of T Top Ointment
Headache, Nausea, Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping), Diarrhoea, Renal dysfunction, Increased glucose level in blood, Tremor.
How to use T Top Ointment
This medicine is for external use only. Use it in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Check the label for directions before use. Clean and dry the affected area and gently massage the ointment. Wash your hands after applying, unless hands are the affected area.
How T Top Ointment works
T top ointment is an immunosuppressant that works by decreasing the activity of body's immune system.
In Depth Information on T Top Ointment
Expert advice for T Top Ointment
- T top, like all immunosuppressants, increases the risk of infection and certain cancers. Avoid being close to people with cold, flu or other contagious illness.
- Do not take a "live vaccine" while you are on T top. The live vaccine may not work well and may not fully protect you.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
- Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney or liver problems.
- Your doctor may ask to get T top blood concentration level, to avoid side effect due to high concentrations.
- Your doctor may ask to get kidney function test done regularly to avoid kidney damage.
- T top provide better survival and lower acute rejection rate.
- T top offers many advantages over cyclosporin. Less frequent acute and chronic rejection, better absorption leading to earlier discharge from the hospital, fewer side effects and earlier weaning of most patients off corticosteroids doesn't cause hirsutism or gum overgrowth.
Special precautions for T Top Ointment
No interaction found
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
T Top Ointment may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
T Top Ointment is probably safe to use during lactation. Li+more
mited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby....
T Top Ointment may make you feel dizzy, drowsy or affect you+more
r vision. Do not drive until your vision is clear....
T Top Ointment is safe to use in patients with kidney diseas+more
e. No dose adjustment of T Top Ointment is recommended....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
If you miss a dose of Tacrolimus, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for T Top 0.03% w/w Ointment
Frequently asked questions for Tacrolimus
Q. Is tacrolimus nephrotoxic or cytotoxic?
Tacrolimus may cause destruction of certain types of cells (cytotoxic) and may impair kidney function (nephrotoxic). Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use
Q. Is tacrolimus safe?
Yes. Tacrolimus is relatively safe if used as recommended. In case of any side-effects, consult your doctor
Q. Does tacrolimus cause diabetes, hair loss, tiredness, or depression?
Tacrolimus may cause diabetes, hair loss, tiredness, or depression. If you experience any such symptoms, please consult your doctor.
Q. Is tacrolimus a steroid?
Tacrolimus is an immunosuppressant drug. It is not a steroid drug
Q. Is tacrolimus the same as Prograf?
Yes. Progarf is a branded form of tacrolimus available in the market
Q. Can I take tacrolimus with omeprazole?
Omeprazole may increase the blood levels of tacrolimus. It can be taken with omeprazole only if prescribed by your doctor
User Submitted Feedback For T Top 0.03% w/w Ointment
Patients taking T Top Ointment
Once A Day
Substitutes for T Top Ointment
Topgraf 0.03% Ointment
Glaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹13.04/gm of Ointment
Olmis 0.03% w/w Ointment
Unichem Laboratories Ltd
₹13.32/gm of Ointment
Tacrotor 0.03% Ointment
Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹15.44/gm of Ointment
Tacliment 0.03% w/w Ointment
₹20.0/gm of Ointment