food interaction for SPENZO
alcohol interaction for SPENZO
pregnancy interaction for SPENZO
lactation interaction for SPENZO
medicine interaction for SPENZO
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR SPENZO
How it works
Common side effects
COMMON DOSAGE FOR SPENZO 0.5 MG TABLET
Patients taking SPENZO 0.5 MG TABLET
- 82%Once A Day
- 9%Twice A Day
- 5%Twice A Week
- 5%Thrice A week
SUBSTITUTES FOR SPENZO
- FLUANXOL 0.5 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Lundbeck India Pvt LtdRs. 4.13/tabletRs. 41.35pay 38% more per tablet
- ANXISET 0.5MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Obsurge Biotech LtdRs. 3.74/tabletRs. 37.40pay 25% more per tablet
- NUPEX TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Kivi Labs LtdRs. 4.50/tabletRs. 45pay 50% more per tablet
- XOLYBEX 0.5MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Vidakem Lifesciences Pvt LtdRs. 4.40/tabletRs. 44pay 47% more per tablet
Expert advice FOR SPENZO
- Do not start or continue Flupenthixol and consult your doctor, if you are alergic to it.
- Do not suddenly withdraw or discontinue therapy.
- Avoid drinking alcohol.
- Flupenthixol can impair mental and physical coordination and, therefore, caution has to be taken before operating an automobile or machinery or engaging in activities requiring mental alertness and coordination.
Frequently asked questions FOR SPENZO
Q. What is flupenthixol deconate?
Flupenthixol belongs to a class of medication called as typical antipsychotic. It acts by increasing the amounts of chemical (serotonin), in the brain. Flupenthixol decanoate is a long-acting preparation of flupenthixol for injection into the muscles, which may be given at a frequency ranging from once in a week to once in 4 weeks
Q. What is flupenthixol used for?
Flupenthixol is used in the treatment of schizophrenia and other psychoses which are disorders where individuals are unable to distinguish between what is real and unreal, think clearly, manage emotions, relate to others, and function normally
Q. Why is flupenthixol banned?
Flupenthixol in combination with melitracen is banned in india due to safety concern
Q. How does flupenthixol work?
Flupenthixol belongs to a class of medication called as typical antipsychotic. It acts by normalizing the levels of certain chemicals in the brain in specific brain pathways that are responsible for causing symptoms of the disease.