food interaction for SPECTRAZID
alcohol interaction for SPECTRAZID
pregnancy interaction for SPECTRAZID
lactation interaction for SPECTRAZID
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for SPECTRAZID
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for SPECTRAZID
- TAZID 250 MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Alkem Laboratories LtdRs. 73.42/injectionRs. 73.42pay 100% more per injection
- CEFAZID 250MG INJECTION(2 ML injection in vial)Biochem Pharmaceutical IndustriesRs. 28.91/ML of injectionRs. 57.83save 21% more per ML of injection
- FORTUM 250 MG INJECTION(10 ML injection in vial)Glaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 7.34/ML of injectionRs. 73.41save 80% more per ML of injection
- MEGAZID 250MG INJECTION(1 ML injection in vial)Mapra Laboratories Pvt LtdRs. 73.35/ML of injectionRs. 73.35pay 100% more per ML of injection
- CEFTA 250MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)P R G Pharma Pvt LtdRs. 35.71/injectionRs. 35.71save 3% more per injection
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. Joy ChakrabortyMBBS, MD
- Dr. R. R. DuttaMBBS, MD
- Dr. P. R. AryanMBBS, Diploma
Expert advice for SPECTRAZID
- Ceftazidime is usually given by a doctor or a nurse as an injection directly into the vein or muscle.
- Do not drive if you feel sleepy or dizzy while being treated with ceftazidime.
- If you are taking birth conrol pills, ceftazidime can make them less effective. Ask your doctor about using a non-hormone method of birth control while taking this drug to avoid pregnancy.
- Do not start or continue the ceftazidime and consult your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for SPECTRAZID
Q.Is ceftazidime a sulfa, penicillin or a beta lactam drug?
Ceftazidime does not contain sulfa and is not a penicillin drug. It is beta lactam cephalosporin antibiotic
Q.Is ceftazidime the same as Rocephin?
No, Rocephin is the brand name for ceftriaxone
Q.Is ceftazidime dialyzable?
Yes, ceftazidime is a dialyzable drug
Q.Is ceftazidime and ciprofloxacin compatible?
Yes, ceftazidime and ciprofloxacin are compatible when taken together
Q.What organisms does ceftazidime cover?
Ceftazidime is active against pseudomonas, anaerobes, and staphylococcus bacteria. It may not be effective against methicillin- resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA).
Q.Is ceftazidime nephrotoxic?
No, ceftazidime is not a nephrotoxic drug when given alone but when given along with aminoglycoside antibiotics (gentamicin, tobramycin) or diuretics such as furosemide, it may increase nephrotoxicity.