food interaction for ROXIVISTA
alcohol interaction for ROXIVISTA
pregnancy interaction for ROXIVISTA
lactation interaction for ROXIVISTA
medicine interaction for ROXIVISTA
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR ROXIVISTA
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR ROXIVISTA
- RAXITID 50 MG SUSPENSION(30 ML suspension in bottle)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 0.62/ML of suspensionRs. 18.75pay 31% more per ML of suspension
- ROXIKEM 50 MG SUSPENSION(30 ML suspension in bottle)Alkem Laboratories LtdRs. 0.58/ML of suspensionRs. 17.50pay 22% more per ML of suspension
- THROX SUSPENSION(30 ML suspension in bottle)Alkem Laboratories LtdRs. 0.45/ML of suspensionRs. 13.50save 6% more per ML of suspension
- ROXYGO 50 MG SUSPENSION(30 ML suspension in bottle)Zydus CadilaRs. 0.54/ML of suspensionRs. 16.25pay 14% more per ML of suspension
- REKTHRO 50MG SUSPENSION(30 ML suspension in bottle)Rekvina Laboratories LtdRs. 1.14/ML of suspensionRs. 34.28pay 140% more per ML of suspension
Expert advice FOR ROXIVISTA
- if you are allergic to roxithromycin, or to any of the other ingredients in roxithromycin tablets, or other similar drugs like erythromycin, azithromycin, or clarithromycin.
- if you develop diarrhea with blood in stools.
Frequently asked questions FOR ROXIVISTA
Q. Is roxithromycin same as penicillin or erythromycin?
Roxithromycin, penicillin and erythromycin are antibiotics. Roxithromycin and erythromycin belong to the macrolide group of antibiotics. Macrolides and penicillins act differently, but they are used to treat similar type of infections
Q. Is roxithromycin a strong antibiotic?
Roxithromycin is effective for treating ear, nose and throat infections, pneumonia (lung infection), skin infections and infections of the genitalia. It does not treat infections other than these. Also, roxithromycin has a good safety profile if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Is roxithromycin stronger than amoxicillin?
Amoxicillin belongs to penicillin group of antibiotics and is used to treat many infections which roxithromycin cannot treat (e.g. cases where infection has spread throughout the body [septicaemia], typhoid and related diseases etc.)
Q. Can I take roxithromycin with Panadol (paracetamol) or ibuprofen or Nurofen (codeine and ibuprofen)?
No results found for any interaction of roxithromycin with all these drugs, but always consult with your doctor before taking this medication
Q. Does roxithromycin affect the contraceptive pill?
In some cases and especially if vomiting and diarrhea occur while using roxithromycin, the contraceptive effects can be unreliable. Using an additional form of contraception, such as condoms, during roxithromycin treatment is therefore advisable
Q. Does roxithromycin make you drowsy?
Roxithromycin is not known to cause drowsiness. However, dizziness may occur when roxithromycin is just begun. Hence, driving, operating machinery or other skilfull activities should be avoided if symptoms are experienced
Q. Does roxithromycin treat chlamydia?
Roxithromycin can be used to treat chlamydia infection which affects the genitalia
Q. Does roxithromycin treat UTI?
Roxithromycin can treat lower urinary tract infections i.e. infections of the urinary bladder and urethra
Q. Does roxithromycin contain sulphur?
No, roxithromycin does not contain sulphur
Q. Does roxithromycin treat strep throat?
Yes. Roxithromycin can treat strep throat. However, penicillin group of antibiotics are the drugs of choice for treatment of these infections. If you are allergic to penicillins, macrolides like erythromycin, azithromycin or roxithromycin can be used.