Information about Roxithromycin
Roxithromycin is used in the treatment of bacterial infections. It is used in infections of tonsils, sinus, ear, nose, throat, skin and soft tissues and lungs (pneumonia).
How Roxithromycin works
Roxithromycin is an antibiotic. It works by preventing synthesis of essential proteins required by bacteria to carry out vital functions. Thus, it stops the bacteria from growing, and prevents the infection from spreading.
Available Medicine for Roxithromycin
RoxidAlembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹66 to ₹40410 variant(s)
RoxyInd Swift Laboratories Ltd
RoxivistaCadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹14 to ₹682 variant(s)
RMCSyncom Formulations I Limited
₹31 to ₹592 variant(s)
DeroxDWD Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹30 to ₹604 variant(s)
₹43 to ₹1252 variant(s)
ROXIN (MARC)Marc Laboratories Pvt Ltd
AuroxVeritaz Healthcare Ltd
₹71 to ₹1513 variant(s)
RozerPanzer Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
RoxychemBiochem Pharmaceutical Industries
₹19 to ₹232 variant(s)
Expert advice for Roxithromycin
- Your doctor has prescribed Roxithromycin to cure your infection and improve your symptoms.
- Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better. Stopping it early may make the infection to come back and harder to treat.
- Take it 1 hour before or two hours after food.
- Do not take antacids 2 hours before or after taking Roxithromycin.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect but should stop when your course is complete. Inform your doctor if it doesn't stop or if you find blood in your stools.
- Stop taking Roxithromycin and inform your doctor immediately if you develop an itchy rash, swelling of the face, throat or tongue or breathing difficulties while taking it.