Medicine Overview of Ronal Tablet
Uses of Ronal Tablet
Ronal 60mg Tablet is used in the treatment and prevention of post menopausal osteoporosis.
Side effects of Ronal Tablet
Headache, Nausea, Vomiting, Breast tenderness, Leg cramps, Rash, Abdominal pain, Flu-like symptoms, Dyspepsia, Breast pain.
How to use Ronal Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Ronal 60mg Tablet may be taken with or without food, but it is better to take it at a fixed time.
How Ronal Tablet works
Ronal 60mg Tablet works like estrogen, a natural female hormone to stop the bone loss that can develop in women after menopause.
In Depth Information on Ronal Tablet
Expert advice for Ronal Tablet
- Inform your doctor if you have if you have any type of cancer, heart failure, kidney disease, high triglycerides or liver disease.
- Inform your doctor if you are on estrogen therapy.
- Do not take calcium supplements unless advised by doctor. Taking calcium supplements more than recommended will not provide extra protection for your bones but may cause adverse side effects including kidney stones.
- Stop using raloxifene immediately if you develop: lumps in the breast, signs of stroke (sudden numbness or weakness), severe headache, slurred speech, vision problems; chest pain, sudden cough, wheezing, rapid breathing, coughing up blood; or pain, swelling, warmth, or redness in one or both legs.
- Avoid sitting still for long periods of time while you are taking raloxifene.
- Inform your doctor immediately if you observe bleeding / spotting from vagina during the treatment.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Special precautions for Ronal 60mg Tablet
It is generally safe to consume alcohol with Ronal 60mg Tablet.
Ronal 60mg Tablet is highly unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Human and animal studies have shown significant adverse effects on the foetus. Please consult your doctor....
Human and animal studies have shown significant adverse effects on the foetus. Please consult your doctor.
Ronal 60mg Tablet is usafe to use during lactation. Data su+more
ggests that the drug may cause toxicity to the baby, or the mother is suffering from a condition in which breast feeding is not advisable....
Ronal 60mg Tablet does not usually affect your ability to drive.
Ronal 60mg Tablet should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Ronal 60mg Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor.+more
Use of Ronal 60mg Tablet is not recommended in patients with severe kidney disease....
Use of Ronal 60mg Tablet is not recommended in patients with severe kidney disease.
Ronal 60mg Tablet is probably unsafe to use in patients with+more
liver disease and should be avoided. Please consult your doctor....
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Aceno 1mg Tablet, Aceno 2mg Tablet, Aceno 3mg Tablet, Aceno 4mg Tablet
Frequently asked questions for Ronal 60mg Tablet
Frequently asked questions for Raloxifene
No, Ronal is not a biophosphonate
It is safe if used for the dose and duration as recommended by your doctor
No, It's not a hormone/steroid however at times it mimics activity of estrogen
Q. Is raloxifene better than tamoxifen?
It has been observed that tamoxifen is slightly more effective in prevention of breast cancer in post-menopausal women that raloxifene, however raloxifene also plays a role in treating or preventing osteoporosis
Yes, Use of Ronal may cause weight gain or hot flushes
No, Ronal does not cause hair loss
No. Ronal does not lower cholesterol
It works by reducing the loss of bone tissue and acting on the bone cycle.