Information about Allylestrenol
How allylestrenol works
Allylestrenol is a progestin (female hormone). It helps in maintaining pregnancy by promoting the attachment of the embryo to lining of the womb and improving blood flow to the placenta. It also relaxes the uterus muscles thereby preventing premature labour.
Common side effects of allylestrenol
Edema (swelling), Abdominal bloating, Anxiety, Irritability, Depression, Muscle pain
Available Medicine for Allylestrenol
- ₹168Walter Bushnell1 variant(s)
- ₹99Rekvina Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹85Lincoln Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹83Mac Millon Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹96Unicure Remedies Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹59Glaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹210Organon (India) Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹71Aamorb Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹76Systopic Laboratories Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹135Ikon Remedies Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Allylestrenol
- Allylestrenol is used to treat repeated miscarriages and to prevent premature birth in pregnant women.
- Take it as per dose and duration suggested by your doctor.
- It must be discontinued after delivery as it may affect the baby.
- Do not drive or do anything that requires concentration until you know how the medication affects you.
- Do not stop taking it suddenly without talking to your doctor first.
Frequently asked questions for Allylestrenol
Q. Is Allylestrenol safe?
Allylestrenol is safe if taken at prescribed dose and duration as advised by your doctor.