Medicine Overview of Risdone Oral Solution
Side effects of Risdone Oral Solution
Headache, Akathisia, Dystonia, Sleepiness, Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping), Parkinsonism.
How to use Risdone Oral Solution
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Check the label for directions before use. Measure it with a measuring cup and take it by mouth. Shake well before use. It can be taken with or without food, but it is better to take Risdone 1mg/ml Oral Solution at a fixed time.
How Risdone Oral Solution works
Risdone 1mg/ml oral solution is an atypical antipsychotic. It works by modulating the action of certain chemical messengers in the brain that affect thoughts.
In Depth Information on Risdone Oral Solution
Expert advice for Risdone Oral Solution
- You will be regularly monitored for increase in weight, blood glucose level (if you are suffering from diabetes), and for signs and symptoms of fever and infection if you are having history of low white blood cell count.
- Children and adolescents should be carefully monitored to check the sleepiness (sedative) effects of risperidone.
- Your child will be regularly monitored for measurements of height, weight, sexual maturation, monitoring of menstrual functioning, and other potential prolactin-related effects.
- Use with caution if you have history of fits (seizures).
- If you are a men taking risperidone, you may be at a risk of getting priapism (persistent and painful erection of the penis). Seek for medical advice if you develop such signs and symptoms.
- Use risperidone with caution in patients with heart disorders such as heart failure, heart attack, conduction abnormalities, dehydration or decrease in blood volume.
- Do not take risperidone if you develop tardive dyskinesia (twitching or jerking movements that you cannot control in your face, tongue, or other parts of your body).
- Do not consume alcohol along with risperidone as it may worsen the side effects.
- Do not take risperidone along with furosemide, as it may lead to death.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Special precautions for Risdone 1mg/ml Oral Solution
Risdone 1mg/ml Oral Solution may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness with alcohol.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Risdone 1mg/ml Oral Solution may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Risdone 1mg/ml Oral Solution is probably usafe to use during+more
lactation. Limited human data suggests that the drug could represent a significant risk to the baby....
Risdone 1mg/ml Oral Solution may make you feel dizzy, drowsy+more
or affect your vision. Do not drive until your vision is clear....
Risdone 1mg/ml Oral Solution should be used with caution in+more
patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Risdone 1mg/ml Oral Solution may be needed. Please consult your doctor....
Risdone 1mg/ml Oral Solution should be used with caution in+more
patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Risdone 1mg/ml Oral Solution may be needed. Please consult your doctor....
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Flutis 150mg Tablet, Onecan 400mg Tablet, Onitraz 100mg Capsule, AF 150mg Tablet DT
Frequently asked questions for Risdone 1mg/ml Oral Solution
Frequently asked questions for Risperidone
No. Risdone is neither addictive nor controlled substance
Risdone is an atypical antagonist which may show sedative effects. It has affinity towards serotonin. Few studies have shown that Risdone induces neuroleptic malignant syndrome
No. Risdone is not used for anxiety
No. Risdone is not a benzo
Yes. Risperdal is a brand name of drug Risdone
No. Taking Risdone with Nyquil (dextromethorphan and doxylamine) may increase the side effects such as drowsiness, blurred vision, dry mouth, heat intolerance, flushing, decreased sweating, difficulty urinating, abdominal cramping, constipation, rapid heartbeats, confusion, and memory problems
Q. Can I take vicodin/tramadol/ ambien/diazepam with risperidone?
Using Vicodin (acetaminophen and hydrocodone), Ambien (zolpidem) or diazepam together with risperidone may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, and difficulty concentrating. Tramadol may increase the risk of seizures when given with risperidone
Q. Can I take ibuprofen/ trazodone/melatonin/ Tylenol with risperidone?
Yes. Taking ibuprofen/ trazodone/melatonin/ Tylenol (acetaminophen) with risperidone does not cause any harmful effects. Please follow your doctor's advice regarding its use
Q. Does Risdone cause depression/ weight loss/ high prolactin levels/ weight gain/ lower blood pressure/ make you high or drowsy/ help you sleep?
These side effects are commonly observed with Risdone use. Stop taking Risdone and consult your doctor immediately if you experience any of these symptoms.
User Submitted Feedback For Risdone 1mg/ml Oral Solution
Patients taking Risdone 1mg/ml Oral Solution
Once A Day
Twice A Day
Thrice A Day
What were the side-effects while using this medicine?
No Side Effect
Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping)
How do you take this medicine?
How much was the improvement?
Please rate this medicine on price?
What are you using this medicine for?
Survey Participants: 6
“The following are the results of on-going survey on 1mg.com for Risdone 1mg/ml Oral Solution. These results only indicate the perceptions of the website users. Please base your medical decisions only on the advice of a doctor or a registered medical professional.”
One of the following vendor pharmacies will deliver Risdone 1mg/ml Oral Solution: PTS, OIP, LCC, AYU, FGH, ZVP, SHP, GTC, AGT, MPC, SBA, GPT, HGI, JIV, NVL, RUS, DEL, HEX, PEN, BLP, OWP, MAX, OHM, GTK, IPL, BTM, SBL, SHM, LHA, EMB, RJH, DYG, EQN, SSA, BIO, STA, MMS, ATL, RPP, PLT, MAK, WSI, SAT, PSP, SJP, RKS, RSS, DPP, NWP, JMJ, ATP, KHH, BSN, ADT, DLP, NDP, HBV, MOM, USF, PNT, GNC, DDR, ENP, SWA, OLT, 9T9, AAY, HIP, DFP
Substitutes for Risdone Oral Solution
Risnia 1mg/ml Syrup
₹1.87/ml of Syrup
Sizodon Oral Solution
Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹1.95/ml of Oral Solution
Risperdal 1mg/ml Syrup
₹1.27/ml of Syrup
Sizeco 1mg/ml Syrup
Taurus Laboratories Pvt Ltd
₹1.33/ml of Syrup
D D Pharmaceuticals
₹1.54/ml of Syrup