Medicine Overview of Recosulin N Injection
Side effects of Recosulin N Injection
Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level), Injection site allergic reaction.
How to use Recosulin N Injection
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
How Recosulin N Injection works
Recosulin n 40iu injection is an insulin. It works similar to insulin produced by the body. Insulin facilitates reuptake of glucose in muscle and fat cell and also block the release of glucose from the liver.
In Depth Information on Recosulin N Injection
Expert advice for Recosulin N Injection
- Do not take insulin isophane, if you experience any allergic reactions such as redness, swelling, rash and itching at the injection site, rash, itching or hives on the skin, wheezing or difficulty breathing, swelling of the face, lips, tongue or other parts of the body.
- Take special precaution, if you are experiencing low blood sugar levels as seen by symptoms such as cold sweat; cool pale skin, headache, rapid heartbeat, feeling sick, feeling very hungry, temporary changes in vision, drowsiness, unusual tiredness and weakness; nervousness or tremor, feeling anxious, feeling confused, difficulty in concentrating.
- Inform your doctor about all the medicines you take, including vitamins and herbal supplements especially ones commonly called TZDs (thiazolidinedione) which are used as antidiabetic medicines.
- Insulin isophane preparations that are instructed to be injected under the layer of skin, do not inject it into a vein or muscle.
- Injection sites must be rotated between upper arm (deltoid), abdominal, buttocks and thigh area from one injection to the next, such that each site of prick is used not more than once in 1 to 2 weeks; this is to reduce the skin changes at injection site.
- Do not dilute or mix two preparations of insulin or insulin isophane. Also be aware that any change in strength, manufacturer, type, origin, or method of preparation may warrant a change in dose.
- Read and follow the instructions provided with the insulin isophane vial/container, for loading a cartridge, attaching a needle, performing a safety test and administering the insulin injection.
- If you experience any symptoms of hypoglycemia (such as cold sweat; cool pale skin, headache, rapid heartbeat, feeling sick, feeling very hungry, temporary changes in vision, drowsiness, unusual tiredness and weakness; nervousness or tremor, feeling anxious, feeling confused, difficulty in concentrating) you need to raise your blood sugar immediately by eating sugars or carbohydrates.
- Precaution must be taken while driving or handling machines as your ability to concentrate or react may be reduced, if you suffer from low/high blood sugar levels or you have problems with your sight.
- Do not drink alcohol while using insulin isophane.
- Avoid using insulin isophane, if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant.
Special precautions for Recosulin N 40IU Injection
Taking Insulin Isophane with alcohol may affect blood glucose levels in patients with diabetes.
Recosulin N 40IU Injection is probably safe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
Recosulin N 40IU Injection is safe to use during lactation.+more
Human studies have shown that either the drug does not pass into the breastmilk in significant amount or is not expected to cause toxicity to the baby....
Your ability to drive may be affected if your blood sugar is+more
low or high. If this happens, do not drive....
Recosulin N 40IU Injection should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Recosulin N 40IU Injection may be needed. Please consult your doctor.+more
Regular monitoring of blood glucose levels is recommended for dose adjustment....
Regular monitoring of blood glucose levels is recommended for dose adjustment.
Recosulin N 40IU Injection should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Recosulin N 40IU Injection may be needed. Please consult your doctor.+more
Regular monitoring of glucose levels is recommended for dose adjustment....
Regular monitoring of glucose levels is recommended for dose adjustment.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Eldapril 10mg Tablet, Preventopril 5mg Tablet, Ramipres 1.25mg Tablet, Dilvas 2.5mg Tablet
Frequently asked questions for Recosulin N 40IU Injection
Frequently asked questions for Insulin Neutral Protamine Hagedorn (NPH)
Q. How does biphasic isophane insulin work?
Insulin isophane is a recombinant human insulin analogue (genetically modified insulin that is grown in a laboratory and similar to human insulin). It is an intermediate acting insulin preparation. Insulin isophane acts by replacing the normal production of insulin and by helping transfer sugar from the blood into other body tissues where it is utilized to generate energy. It also stops the liver from producing more sugar. Intermediate acting insulin preparations start acting within an hour or 2 of injection, and reach a period of peak activity that lasts up to 7 hours, following which the action trails off; overall duration of action ranges from 18 to 24 hours.
One of the following vendor pharmacies will deliver Recosulin N 40IU Injection: Health Arx Technologies Private Limited, Amishi Consumer Technologies P Ltd, Organic India Private Limited, Delhi Cryogenic Products Pvt Ltd, First Step Digital Pvt Ltd, Gupta Homoeo Pharmacy Pvt Ltd, Organic Wellness Products Private Limited, RK Sons, Pills Tree Super Pharmacy, Melting Pot Concepts Pvt Ltd, Zywie Ventures Pvt Ltd, Lifecare Chemist (PAN India), SBL Pvt Ltd, Satyog Enterprises Pvt Ltd, Ghantakarn International, Aashirwad Agency, Airveda Technologies Pvt Ltd, Fit and Glow Healthcare Pvt Ltd, Keshav Homeo Home, Radicura Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd, Perfect Nutrition, Jiva Ayurvedic Pharmacy Ltd, Sharma Traders, Bright Lifecare Pvt Ltd, Delhi Vendor, Maximaa Systems Ltd, Swadeshi Ayurved, Sri Jain Pharmacy, Inlife Pharma Pvt Ltd, Herbolab India Pvt Ltd, Ayush Enterprises, Priya Entreprises, Gallop Trading Company, Planet Ayurveda, Life aid Homeopathic and ayurvedic store, Emmbros Overseas, Makvis, Herboveda India, Rusan Healthcare Pvt Ltd, Delhi Distributors, Hexagon Nutrition Pvt. Ltd., BestSource Nutrition Private Limited, Biomed Distributors, Star medicare, DF Pharmacy Ltd, Do You Even Gym, 9 to 9 Farmacia, The Medicine Mart, Bantom Laboratories P Ltd , 9to9 Farmacia (South), Madhu Medicos, M/s R&G Healthcare (Delhi), OHMS GROUP
Substitutes for Recosulin N Injection
Huminsulin N 40IU Injection
Eli Lilly and Company India Pvt Ltd
₹14.05/ml of Injection
Lupisulin N 40IU Injection
₹14.05/ml of Injection
Human Insulatard 40IU Injection
Novo Nordisk India Pvt Ltd
₹14.07/ml of Injection
Wosulin N 40IU Injection
₹14.07/ml of Injection
Insugen-N 40IU Injection
₹14.28/ml of Injection