food interaction for RALROX
alcohol interaction for RALROX
pregnancy interaction for RALROX
lactation interaction for RALROX
medicine interaction for RALROX
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR RALROX
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR RALROX
- ROXID 300 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Alembic Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 21.43/tabletRs. 214.30pay 79% more per tablet
- ODIROX 300MG TABLET(5 tablets in strip)Cipla LtdRs. 19/tabletRs. 95pay 58% more per tablet
- ROXICARE 300MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Alde Medi Impex LtdRs. 14.50/tabletRs. 145pay 21% more per tablet
- ROXITEC 300MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)United Biotech Pvt LtdRs. 16.25/tabletRs. 162.50pay 35% more per tablet
- ROXITHROMYCIN 300MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Jan AushadhiRs. 7.19/tabletRs. 71.90save 40% more per tablet
Expert advice FOR RALROX
- if you are allergic to roxithromycin, or to any of the other ingredients in roxithromycin tablets, or other similar drugs like erythromycin, azithromycin, or clarithromycin.
- if you develop diarrhea with blood in stools.
Frequently asked questions FOR RALROX
Q. Is roxithromycin same as penicillin or erythromycin?
Roxithromycin, penicillin and erythromycin are antibiotics. Roxithromycin and erythromycin belong to the macrolide group of antibiotics. Macrolides and penicillins act differently, but they are used to treat similar type of infections
Q. Is roxithromycin a strong antibiotic?
Roxithromycin is effective for treating ear, nose and throat infections, pneumonia (lung infection), skin infections and infections of the genitalia. It does not treat infections other than these. Also, roxithromycin has a good safety profile if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Is roxithromycin stronger than amoxicillin?
Amoxicillin belongs to penicillin group of antibiotics and is used to treat many infections which roxithromycin cannot treat (e.g. cases where infection has spread throughout the body [septicaemia], typhoid and related diseases etc.)
Q. Can I take roxithromycin with Panadol (paracetamol) or ibuprofen or Nurofen (codeine and ibuprofen)?
No results found for any interaction of roxithromycin with all these drugs, but always consult with your doctor before taking this medication
Q. Does roxithromycin affect the contraceptive pill?
In some cases and especially if vomiting and diarrhea occur while using roxithromycin, the contraceptive effects can be unreliable. Using an additional form of contraception, such as condoms, during roxithromycin treatment is therefore advisable
Q. Does roxithromycin make you drowsy?
Roxithromycin is not known to cause drowsiness. However, dizziness may occur when roxithromycin is just begun. Hence, driving, operating machinery or other skilfull activities should be avoided if symptoms are experienced
Q. Does roxithromycin treat chlamydia?
Roxithromycin can be used to treat chlamydia infection which affects the genitalia
Q. Does roxithromycin treat UTI?
Roxithromycin can treat lower urinary tract infections i.e. infections of the urinary bladder and urethra
Q. Does roxithromycin contain sulphur?
No, roxithromycin does not contain sulphur
Q. Does roxithromycin treat strep throat?
Yes. Roxithromycin can treat strep throat. However, penicillin group of antibiotics are the drugs of choice for treatment of these infections. If you are allergic to penicillins, macrolides like erythromycin, azithromycin or roxithromycin can be used.