Medicine Overview of Prota Injection
Prota 10mg Injection is used in the treatment of heparin overdose.
Hypersensitivity reaction, Decreased blood pressure, Slow heart rate.
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
Prota 10mg Injection is used to counteract the anticoagulant effect of heparin and is used to stop bleeding in patients caused by heparin.
In Depth Information on Prota Injection
- Inform your doctor if you have undergone heart surgery, have diabetes and have received protamine insulin, are allergic to fish or have had a vasectomy or are infertile and may have antibodies to protamine, as you may be at an increased risk of experiencing allergic reaction to protamine.
- You will be monitored to confirm whether your blood clotting parameters are within normal limits if you are receiving multiple doses or prolonged administration of protamine.
- You may experience sudden fall in blood pressure, breathlessness or chest and abdominal pain when receiving protamine.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may become pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Do not take if Patients is allergic to protamine sulphate or any of its ingredients.
Prota Injection related warnings
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Prota 10mg Injection may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Prota 10mg Injection is probably safe to use during lactation.
Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby.
Prota 10mg Injection does not usually affect your ability to drive.
Prota 10mg Injection is probably safe to use in patients with kidney disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Prota 10mg Injection may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor.
Prota 10mg Injection is probably safe to use in patients with liver disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Prota 10mg Injection may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor.
If you miss a dose of Prota 10mg Injection, please consult your doctor.
Frequently asked questions about Prota Injection
Q. Is protamine sulphate the antidote for lovenox?
Yes. Protamine sulphate is used as an antidote in the case of overdose of lovenox.
Q. Is protamine an anticoagulant?
When administered alone, protamine has an anticoagulant effect. However, when it is given in the presence of heparin, a stable salt is formed and the anticoagulant activity of both drugs is lost
One of the following vendor pharmacies will deliver Prota 10mg Injection: MPC, HMP, ESY, AYM, NTB, UMP, MAX, RPP, GTK, AAR, PLT, SGH, BIO, RSS, SYN, RHW, ABP, SJP, RSA, OWP, GBL, KHC, JVO, DAO, NAS, PPR, DPP, SLN, HTS, PNT, MLC, RWP, TOM, VNS, SWA, PEN, ADT, ENP, DVH, JSL, NWP, HBV, NXG, AYU, DYG, RKS, PRN, P2P, SCH, BHM, SBL, OLT, IPL, DLP, 9T9, SVS, SHP, CHP, TRP, PMA, PTI, HNP, WHL, DFP, MDO, OIP, JIV, RHL, PWN, SRG, CLT, BBS, ZEL, JVN, RUS, SHC, SDM, RDR, HEX, SAF, NSL, AAY, QTM, OHM, SGC, GPT, BDN, SSA, STA, MSD, DPL, MDH, GNC, EVP, DGN, ZVP, NNH, RJH, MAK, RPI, INC, HAT, EQN, USF, SHD, HSP, PVP, FGH, GPP, ARD, QLF, AMR, ATL, TFP, LCC, BLE, BHP, SVH, VRS, NVY, HPC, WSI, TNH, KMC, RDH, LHA, HZF, AGT, SPD, DHR, IAD, BAP, ZPR, ATP, NVL, SWP, SBA, NDP, HIP, GHR, ANT, BTM, GTC, BSN, HGI, THP, KHH, BMJ, MAM, EMB, EPS, VDH, BAL, MMS