food interaction for NEUTRAHEP
alcohol interaction for NEUTRAHEP
pregnancy interaction for NEUTRAHEP
lactation interaction for NEUTRAHEP
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR NEUTRAHEP
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR NEUTRAHEP
Expert advice FOR NEUTRAHEP
- Inform your doctor if you have undergone heart surgery, have diabetes and have received protamine insulin, are allergic to fish or have had a vasectomy or are infertile and may have antibodies to protamine, as you may be at an increased risk of experiencing allergic reaction to protamine.
- You will be monitored to confirm whether your blood clotting parameters are within normal limits if you are receiving multiple doses or prolonged administration of protamine.
- You may experience sudden fall in blood pressure, breathlessness or chest and abdominal pain when receiving protamine.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may become pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Do not take if Patients is allergic to protamine sulphate or any of its ingredients.
Frequently asked questions FOR NEUTRAHEP
Q. Is protamine an anticoagulant?
When administered alone, protamine has an anticoagulant effect. However, when it is given in the presence of heparin, a stable salt is formed and the anticoagulant activity of both drugs is lost
Q. Is protamine sulphate the antidote for lovenox?
Yes. Protamine sulphate is used as an antidote in the case of overdose of lovenox.