food interaction for PROGYNOVA
alcohol interaction for PROGYNOVA
pregnancy interaction for PROGYNOVA
lactation interaction for PROGYNOVA
medicine interaction for PROGYNOVA
Human and animal studies have shown significant adverse effects on the foetus. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR PROGYNOVA
How it works
Common side effects
COMMON DOSAGE FOR PROGYNOVA 2 MG TABLET
Patients taking PROGYNOVA 2 MG TABLET
- 51%Thrice A Day
- 27%Twice A Day
- 13%Once A Day
- 4%Alternate Day
- 2%Four Times A Day
- 1%Once A Week
SUBSTITUTES FOR PROGYNOVA
- EVADIOL 2 MG TABLET(28 tablets in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 8.99/tabletRs. 251.64save 32% more per tablet
- ENDOFERT 2 MG TABLET(28 tablets in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 8.99/tabletRs. 251.64save 32% more per tablet
- ENRIFOL 2 MG TABLET(1 tablet in strip)Bharat Serums & Vaccines LtdRs. 252/tabletRs. 252pay 1810% more per tablet
- ENDOTHIK 2 MG TABLET(28 tablets in strip)Akumentis Healthcare LtdRs. 9.14/tabletRs. 256save 31% more per tablet
- MYESTRA 2 MG TABLET(14 tablets in strip)Mylan Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 10.71/tabletRs. 150save 19% more per tablet
Expert advice FOR PROGYNOVA
- The drug can cause nausea, vomitting or breast tenderness.
- Do not use estradiol patches over breast stop taking estradiol and see a doctor immediately if you notice any of the following when taking estradiol:
- yellowing of your skin or the whites of your eyes (jaundice).
- rise in your blood pressure (symptoms may be headache, tiredness, dizziness).
- new onset migraine-like headaches.
- signs of a blood clot, such as: painful swelling and redness of the legs, sudden chest pain, difficulty in breathing.
- Do not consider estradiol alone as a contraceptive. It must be used with progestogen to provide contraceptive benefits.
- Consult your doctor if you have unusual vaginal bleeding while taking this drug, Immediately consult your doctor if you notice unexplained swelling and pain in your limbs, shortness of breath, chest pain, severe headache, or changes in vision. This medicine should not be taken for a very long period.
- Consult your doctor from time to time to check if you still need it.
Frequently asked questions FOR PROGYNOVA
Q. Is estradiol and estrogen the same/ is estradiol the same as progesterone/ is estradiol a synthetic hormone/does estradiol valerate work/ what is evalon cream?
Estradiol is the most potent natural estrogen (or “estrogen”) produced by ovaries in female. It is different from another female hormone that is progesterone. It is not a conjugated estrogen and it not a synthetic hormone. Estradiol valerate and Evalon vaginal cream works same as estradiol
Q. Can I take estrogen for polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)?
Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) is mainly a result of hormonal disturbance in which there are high levels of male hormones in the body. Oral contraceptive pills containing low dose estrogen and progestogen are commonly prescribed to reduce the levels of endogenous hormone, which helps regularize the menstrual cycle, reduce male hormone levels and decrease acne associated with PCOS. Always consult your doctor before using any medication
Q. What can I take for estrogen dominance?
A balanced diet, exercise, a healthy life style and less exposure to environmental pollutants is what works best to restore the normal hormone balance and reduce estrogen dominance. Your doctor may also start a progesterone therapy, compounds that promote bile secretion, lipotropic formulas (excrete extra estrogen from body), substance which deactivate toxic substances and excess hormones to remove extra estrogen from your body
Q. What can I take for estrogen deficiency?
For estrogen deficiency, treatment is based on the underlying cause. Your doctor may choose from a variety of medications depending upon your condition for e.g. young or old with menopause, estrogen deficiency or high progesterone levels, etc. You may be given bio-identical estradiol or estriol or counterbalance with natural progesterone in the form of micronized capsules, etc
Q. Can I take estrogen forever?
The length of necessity of hormone therapy varies from person to person and the condition for which it is being treated for
Q. Is estradiol safe/ stop your period/ increase libido/cause constipation/ cause high blood pressure/ make you sleepy/ cause blood clots/ cause insomnia/ cause bloating/ make you emotional?
Estradiol is safe if used at recommended dosage and duration. Estradiol can stop your periods. It may cause high blood pressure and blood clots on long-term use. Other side effects are not confirmed but may occur with some patients. Consult your doctor if you experience one of them
Q. Is estradiol gluten free?
Estradiol preparations are gluten free. However, as the content of excipients differs according to the manufacturer, please refer to the package insert of the particular preparation/brand that you have been prescribed
Q. Is estradiol a conjugated estrogen/ better than Premarin?
Estradiol is a synthetic hormone, whereas Premarin contains conjugated estrogen. Both are different types of estrogen and have comparable benefit and side-effect profile.