Information about Fulvestrant
Fulvestrant is used in the treatment of breast cancer.
How fulvestrant works
Fulvestrant blocks the action of estrogen on breast cancer cells. This can lower or stop the growth of some breast cancer cells that need estrogen to grow.
Common side effects of fulvestrant
Headache, Vomiting, Weakness, Allergic reaction, Nausea, Injection site reaction, Urinary tract infection, Diarrhea
Available Medicine for Fulvestrant
- ₹18000Natco Pharma Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹25573 to ₹42200AstraZeneca2 variant(s)
- ₹11365Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹13300Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹15798Alkem Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹13511Cadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹15054Biocon1 variant(s)
- ₹21000Celon Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹12521GLS Pharma Ltd.1 variant(s)
- ₹17000Getwell Oncology Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Fulvestrant
- Fulvestrant is used for the treatment of hormone dependent breast cancer.
- It should only be taken by women who have undergone menopause and cannot become pregnant.
- It is given as a slow injection into the muscles (intramuscular) of your buttock.
- Inform your doctor if you have any bleeding disorder, kidney or liver disease or if you are receiving any medicines to prevent blood clots.
- Do not take Fulvestrant if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for Fulvestrant
Q. What is Fulvestrant and what is it used for?
Fulvestrant is a medicine, which is used to treat breast cancer in women who have gone through menopause.
Q. How and in what dose should I use Fulvestrant?
Your doctor would advise you the exact dose of this medicine. It is given as a slow (1 to 2 minutes) intramuscular (deep into the muscle) injection into your buttocks. It is administered by a medical healthcare professional only.
Q. What are the common side effects of using Fulvestrant?
The common side effects associated with this medicine are headache, vomiting, urinary tract infection, diarrhea, vaginal bleeding, low platelets count and back pain. If any of these side effects bother you, consult with your doctor.