Medicine Overview of Pramipex Tablet ER
Side effects of Pramipex Tablet ER
Dizziness, Sleepiness, Nausea, Dry mouth, Fatigue, Hallucination, Constipation, Peripheral edema.
How to use Pramipex Tablet ER
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It can be taken with or without food, but it is better to take Pramipex 1.25mg Tablet ER at a fixed time.
How Pramipex Tablet ER works
Pramipex 1.25mg tablet er works by increasing the action of dopamine, a chemical messenger that is needed to control movement in the brain.
In Depth Information on Pramipex Tablet ER
Expert advice for Pramipex Tablet ER
- Inform your doctor if you have kidney disease, hallucinations (seeing, hearing or feeling non-existent things), dyskinesia (uncontrolled limb movement), sleepiness or sudden episodes of falling asleep, vision impairment, psychosis (comparable to schizophrenia), severe heart or blood vessel disease, symptoms more than usual and involving other limbs also.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you or your family notice changes in behaviour (such as unusual urges or craving to behave in a certain manner, impulsive urge or temptation to behave in a manner harmful to other or self, mania or delirium).
- Pramipexole is not recommended for use in children or adolescents less than 18 years of age.
- Avoid taking any other antipsychotic medication with pramipexole.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as pramipexole may cause hallucination or sleepiness.
- Avoid drinking alcohol while on this therapy as it may worsen the side effects.
- Doses should not be increased more frequently than every 5-7 days.
- Take precautions while taking pramipexole as it may cause or exacerbate dyskinesia (sudden uncontrollable limb movements).
Special precautions for Pramipex 1.25mg Tablet ER
Pramipex 1.25mg Tablet ER may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness with alcohol.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Pramipex 1.25mg Tablet ER may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Pramipex 1.25mg Tablet ER is probably usafe to use during lactation. Limited human data suggests that the drug could represent a significant risk to the baby.+more
Pramipex 1.25mg Tablet ER suppresses serum prolactin and may interfere with breastfeeding....
Pramipex 1.25mg Tablet ER suppresses serum prolactin and may interfere with breastfeeding.
Do not drive unless you are feeling well.+more
Pramipex 1.25mg Tablet ER can cause hallucinations (seeing, hearing or feeling things that are not there). This may affect your ability to drive....
Pramipex 1.25mg Tablet ER can cause hallucinations (seeing, hearing or feeling things that are not there). This may affect your ability to drive.
Pramipex 1.25mg Tablet ER should be used with caution in pat+more
ients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Pramipex 1.25mg Tablet ER may be needed. Please consult your doctor....
Pramipex 1.25mg Tablet ER is probably safe to use in patient+more
s with liver disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Pramipex 1.25mg Tablet ER may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor....
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Perinorm Injection, Siquil 10mg/1ml Injection, Serenace 5mg Injection 1ml, Onitraz 100mg Capsule
Frequently asked questions for Pramipex 1.25mg Tablet ER
Frequently asked questions for Pramipexole
Q. Is pramipexole a steroid/ benzodiazepine/ opiate/ mono amine oxidase inhibitor/ narcotic/ controlled substance?
No, pramipexole is not a steroid/ benzodiazepine/ opiate/ mono amine oxidase inhibitor/ narcotic/ controlled substance
Q. Is pramipexole addictive?
Pramipexole is not known to be addictive
Q. Is pramipexole safe?
Pramipexole is safe at a dose and for a duration recommended by your doctor for your specific condition
Q. Does pramipexole cause hair loss/ constipation/ weight gain/ sleepiness/ give a high feeling/ weight loss/ increased libido/ insomnia?
Pramipexole is not known to cause hair loss/ give a high feeling. Constipation/ weight gain/ sleepiness/ weight loss/ increased libido are side effects of pramipexole. If you observe any side effect while on therapy, inform your doctor immediately
Q. Can I take ibuprofen with pramipexole?
There are no known adverse events on taking ibuprofen with pramipexole. However, follow the advice of doctor before taking any medication when on pramipexole therapy.
User Submitted Feedback For Pramipex 1.25mg Tablet ER
Patients taking Pramipex 1.25mg Tablet ER
Once A Day
Thrice A Day
Twice A Day
Substitutes for Pramipex
No substitutes found for this medicine