food interaction for PLATIKEM
alcohol interaction for PLATIKEM
pregnancy interaction for PLATIKEM
lactation interaction for PLATIKEM
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR PLATIKEM
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR PLATIKEM
- KEMOPLAT 50MG INFUSION(50 ML infusion in bottle)Fresenius Kabi India Pvt LtdRs. 6.19/ML of infusionRs. 309.52pay 33% more per ML of infusion
- CISPLAT 50MG INFUSION(50 ML infusion in bottle)Biochem Pharmaceutical IndustriesRs. 6.10/ML of infusionRs. 305.04pay 31% more per ML of infusion
- CYTOPLATIN 50MG INFUSION(50 ML infusion in bottle)Cipla LtdRs. 6.33/ML of infusionRs. 316.62pay 36% more per ML of infusion
- PLATIN 50 MG INFUSION(50 ML infusion in bottle)Cadila Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 6.86/ML of infusionRs. 342.85pay 48% more per ML of infusion
- CISTEEN 50MG INFUSION(50 ML infusion in bottle)Vhb Life Sciences IncRs. 6.19/ML of infusionRs. 309.52pay 33% more per ML of infusion
Expert advice FOR PLATIKEM
- You must undergo hearing test prior to each treatment with cisplatin.
- Inform your doctor if you suffer from any infection, nervous disorder or if you have received radiation therapy to your head.
- Special care should be taken while taking cisplatin as spillage of cisplatin in skin can cause tissue damage.
- Avoid simultaneous use of medicines (or radiation) that obstructs the bone marrow function as it can enhance the side effects of cisplatin on the bone marrow.
- Inform your doctor if you are taking any other medicines especially for cancer, infection, recurrent fits, gout, as these medicines and cisplatin may not be safe when taken together.
- Avoid receiving any vaccine when on treatment with cisplatin.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as cisplatin may cause side effects such as feeling sleepy and/or vomiting.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions FOR PLATIKEM
Q. Is cisplatin a radiosensitizer or vesicant?
Cisplatin is platinum based inorganic compound used to destroy cancer cells and also acts as radiosensitizer i.e. it increases the response to radiotherapy. It is not a vesicant, but can cause irritation and damage to the vein in which it is injected, and damage to skin and surrounding tissues if leaks during injection
Q. Is cisplatin polar?
Cisplatin is a polar molecule
Q. Does cisplatin cause hair loss, weight gain, infertility, neuropathy, hearing loss or hiccups?
Cisplatin can cause hair loss, infertility, hearing loss, neuropathy, hair loss and hiccups. However it is not reported to cause weight gain
Q. Is cisplatin light sensitive?
Yes, cisplatin is light sensitive and must be stored properly.