food interaction for PHYLIN A
alcohol interaction for PHYLIN A
pregnancy interaction for PHYLIN A
lactation interaction for PHYLIN A
SALT INFORMATION for PHYLIN A
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for PHYLIN A
- AB PHYLLINE 100 MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 9.60/capsuleRs. 96pay 48% more per capsule
- AB-FLO 100 MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Lupin LtdRs. 8.90/capsuleRs. 89pay 37% more per capsule
- MACPHYLLINE 100MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 7.12/capsuleRs. 71.25pay 10% more per capsule
- BROPHYLE 100 MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Zuventus Healthcare LtdRs. 8.02/capsuleRs. 80.15pay 23% more per capsule
- OXYBRO 100 MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Cadila Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 5.82/capsuleRs. 58.20save 10% more per capsule
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. Joy ChakrabortyMBBS, MD
- Dr. Kartavya ShahMBBS, DNB
Expert advice for PHYLIN A
- Acebrophylline should be preferably taken after meals to avoid gastrointestinal discomfort.
- Inform your doctor if you are on therapy with other medications such as frusimide, reserpine, barbiturates or phenytoin.
- Inform your doctor if you have any nervous system disorders like epilepsy and are taking any therapy for the same.
- Inform your doctor if you are a smoker.
- Inform your doctor if you are breast-feeding.
Frequently asked questions for PHYLIN A
Q.What is acebrophylline used for?
Acebrophylline is used to treat symptoms of bronchial asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. It blocks the intracellular enzyme (phosphodiesterases) followed by increase in level of messenger known as cyclic adenosine monophosphate, which promotes relaxation of bronchial muscles
Q.How does it work?
It inhibits the release of certain inflammatory chemicals (leukotrienes, tumor necrosis factor etc) in the lung thereby preventing inflammation in the lung. It also reduces thickness of the mucus thus making it easy for the patient to clear the mucus load
Q.Is acebrophylline an antibiotic or steroid?
No. Acebrophylline is not an antibiotic or steroid
Q.What is acebrophylline capsule?
Acebrophylline is available in capsule dosage form for the treatment of adults suffering from bronchial asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.