Information about Acebrophylline
Acebrophylline is used in the treatment of asthma prevention and chronic obstructive pulmonary disorder.
How acebrophylline works
Acebrophylline is a mucolytic and bronchodilator. It works by relaxing the muscles of the airways and also thins and loosens mucus, making it easier to breathe.
Common side effects of acebrophylline
Nausea, Headache, Vomiting, Abdominal upset, Restlessness
Available Medicine for Acebrophylline
- ₹105 to ₹167Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹107 to ₹164Lupin Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹92 to ₹165Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹88 to ₹155Zuventus Healthcare Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹78 to ₹140Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹97 to ₹160Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹60 to ₹90Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹90 to ₹168Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹144Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹69Cadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Acebrophylline
- It is better to take Acebrophylline in the evening around 7-8 pm for protection against asthma symptoms throughout the night.
- Acebrophylline will not work for sudden wheezing or asthma attacks once they start. Always keep a fast-acting (rescue) inhaler with you.
- Not as effective as steroid inhalers for asthma.
- Do not discontinue use without consulting your doctor even if you feel better.
- Notify your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with the kidney, liver or heart disease, or have a smoking history. Your dose may need to be adjusted.
- Taking Acebrophylline can reduce the requirement of steroids by 50%.
Frequently asked questions for Acebrophylline
Q. What is Acebrophylline used for?
Acebrophylline is used to treat symptoms of bronchial asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. It blocks the intracellular enzyme (phosphodiesterases) followed by increase in level of messenger known as cyclic adenosine monophosphate, which promotes relaxation of bronchial muscles
Q. How does it work?
It inhibits the release of certain inflammatory chemicals (leukotrienes, tumor necrosis factor etc) in the lung thereby preventing inflammation in the lung. It also reduces thickness of the mucus thus making it easy for the patient to clear the mucus load
Q. Is Acebrophylline an antibiotic or steroid?
No. Acebrophylline is not an antibiotic or steroid
Q. What is Acebrophylline capsule?
Acebrophylline is available in capsule dosage form for the treatment of adults suffering from bronchial asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.