Information about Acebrophylline
Acebrophylline is used in the treatment and prevention of asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
How acebrophylline works
Acebrophylline is a mucolytic and bronchodilator. It works by relaxing the muscles of the airways and also thins and loosens mucus, making it easier to breathe.
Common side effects of acebrophylline
Nausea, Headache, Vomiting, Abdominal upset, Restlessness
Available Medicine for Acebrophylline
- ₹112 to ₹175Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹117 to ₹180Lupin Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹92 to ₹181Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹88 to ₹155Zuventus Healthcare Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹78 to ₹154Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹158Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹97 to ₹174Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹65 to ₹90Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹90 to ₹168Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹75Cadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Acebrophylline
- You have been prescribed Acebrophylline for prevention and treatment of asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- It should be taken at the same time each day, preferably in the evening after food.
- It does not work right away and should not be used to relieve sudden breathing problems. Always keep a fast-acting (rescue) inhaler with you.
- Your doctor may take regular blood test to monitor potassium level and the level of this medicine in your body.
- Notify your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney, liver or heart disease, or if you have a smoking history. Your dose may need to be adjusted.
- Do not discontinue use without consulting your doctor, even if you feel better.