Information about Acebrophylline
Acebrophylline is used in the treatment and prevention of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
How Acebrophylline works
Acebrophylline is a mucolytic and bronchodilator. It works by relaxing the muscles of the airways and also thins and loosens mucus, making it easier to breathe.
Common side effects of Acebrophylline
Nausea, Vomiting, Drowsiness, Heartburn, Increased white blood cell count, Loss of appetite, Rash, Itching, Constipation, Diarrhea, Abdominal discomfort, Abdominal distension, Esophageal bleeding, Red spots or bumps, Breathing problems, Nasal inflammation, Dizziness
Available Medicine for Acebrophylline
AB PhyllineSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹162 to ₹2523 variant(s)
₹164 to ₹2452 variant(s)
AscoventGlenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹101 to ₹2363 variant(s)
BrophyleZuventus Healthcare Ltd
₹128 to ₹2472 variant(s)
MacphyllineMacleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹125 to ₹2043 variant(s)
XanilaxTorrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
BigbroIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹139 to ₹2492 variant(s)
Ambrodil-XPAristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹88 to ₹1182 variant(s)
AcebrobidDr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd
₹99 to ₹1842 variant(s)
BayAceBayer Zydus Pharma Pvt Ltd
Expert advice for Acebrophylline
- You have been prescribed Acebrophylline for prevention and treatment of asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- It should be taken at the same time each day, preferably in the evening after food.
- It does not work right away and should not be used to relieve sudden breathing problems. Always keep a fast-acting (rescue) inhaler with you.
- Your doctor may take regular blood test to monitor potassium level and the level of this medicine in your body.
- Notify your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney, liver or heart disease, or if you have a smoking history. Your dose may need to be adjusted.
- Do not discontinue use without consulting your doctor, even if you feel better.