Information about Acebrophylline
Acebrophylline is used in the treatment of Cough.
How acebrophylline works
Acebrophylline thins and loosens mucus, making it easier to cough out.
Common side effects of acebrophylline
Vomiting, Nausea, Drowsiness, Gastrointestinal discomfort, Abdominal pain, Shortness of breath, Esophageal obstruction, Heartburn, Airway inflammation, Increased white blood cell count, Loss of appetite, Rash, Itching, Urticaria, Constipation, Diarrhoea
Available Medicine for Acebrophylline
- ₹105 to ₹153Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹97 to ₹149Lupin Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹107 to ₹152Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹80 to ₹141Zuventus Healthcare Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹78 to ₹140Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹89 to ₹147Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹60 to ₹82Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹82 to ₹154Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹132Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹63Cadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Acebrophylline
- Acebrophylline should be preferably taken after meals to avoid gastrointestinal discomfort.
- Inform your doctor if you are on therapy with other medications such as frusimide, reserpine, barbiturates or phenytoin.
- Inform your doctor if you have any nervous system disorders like epilepsy and are taking any therapy for the same.
- Inform your doctor if you are a smoker.
- Inform your doctor if you are breast-feeding.
Frequently asked questions for Acebrophylline
Q. What is Acebrophylline used for?
Acebrophylline is used to treat symptoms of bronchial asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. It blocks the intracellular enzyme (phosphodiesterases) followed by increase in level of messenger known as cyclic adenosine monophosphate, which promotes relaxation of bronchial muscles
Q. How does it work?
It inhibits the release of certain inflammatory chemicals (leukotrienes, tumor necrosis factor etc) in the lung thereby preventing inflammation in the lung. It also reduces thickness of the mucus thus making it easy for the patient to clear the mucus load
Q. Is Acebrophylline an antibiotic or steroid?
No. Acebrophylline is not an antibiotic or steroid
Q. What is Acebrophylline capsule?
Acebrophylline is available in capsule dosage form for the treatment of adults suffering from bronchial asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.