Substitutes for Perobar
No substitutes found for this medicine
Medicine Overview of Perobar Soap
Side effects of Perobar Soap
Dry skin, Erythema, Skin peeling, Burning sensation.
How to use Perobar Soap
Use it as advised by your doctor or check the label for directions before use.
How Perobar Soap works
Benzoyl peroxide attacks the bacteria (germs) known as Propionibacterium acnes, one of the main causes of acne. It also has peeling and drying properties..
In Depth Information on Perobar Soap
Expert advice for Perobar Soap
- This medicine is for external use only. Always wash your hands after using benzoyl peroxide.
- Avoid exposure to strong sunlight or UV lamps while using benzoyl peroxide. If unavoidable, use a suitable sunscreen lotion and apply benzoyl peroxide in the evening after washing the skin.
- Avoid contact with the eyes, mouth, nose (especially mucous lining). If any accidental contact occurs, rinse thoroughly with warm water.
- Benzoyl peroxide should not be applied to damaged skin.
- This product may bleach hair and colored fabrics including clothing, towels and bed linen. Be careful to avoid contact of the gel with these materials.
- Caution should be exercised when applying benzoyl peroxide to the neck and other sensitive areas.
- Do not stop using benzoyl peroxide if your skin condition appears to worsen for the first 2 to 3 weeks of treatment.
- Do not apply benozyl peroxide if you are allergic to benzoyl peroxide or any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
- Avoid using benozyl peroxide if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant or are breast-feeding.
- Do not apply benozyl peroxide if you are using any other acne products or medicines with peeling, irritant and drying effects.
Special precautions for Perobar 5% Soap
No interaction found
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Perobar 5% Soap may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Perobar 5% Soap is safe to use during lactation. Human stud+more
ies have shown that either the drug does not pass into the breastmilk in significant amount or is not expected to cause toxicity to the baby....
Perobar 5% Soap does not usually affect your ability to drive.
There is limited information available on the use of Perobar+more
5% Soap in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Frequently asked questions for Perobar 5% Soap
Frequently asked questions for Benzoyl Peroxide
Q. Does benzoyl peroxide work/ is benzoyl peroxide good for skin/pimples/acne/acne marks/ acne scars/ dark spots?
Benzoyl peroxide is effective in treating acne on face, chest or back in most of the people where the skin has a lot of blackheads, spots and pimples. It can be helpful in treating acne marks, scars and dark spots
Q. Does benzoyl peroxide darken skin/cause hyperpigmentation/peel skin/bleach skin/cause redness?
Benzoyl peroxide may cause redness, peel the skin and also bleach skin and hair. It doesn't darken the skin or cause hyperpigmentation, but it should be best to use it under a doctor's supervision
Q. Is benzoyl peroxide a BHA/an antibiotic/ retin a/salicylic acid?
Benzoyl peroxide is not a beta hydroxy acid (BHA), antibiotic, retin A or salicylic acid
Q. Is benzoyl peroxide the same as hydrogen peroxide?
No, benzoyl peroxide is different from hydrogen peroxide.
User Submitted Feedback For Perobar 5% Soap
Patients taking Perobar 5% Soap
Once A Day
Twice A Day
How effective is this medicine?
Do you find this medicine expensive?