Information about Benzoyl Peroxide
Benzoyl Peroxide Uses
Benzoyl Peroxide is used in the treatment of acne.
How Benzoyl Peroxide works
Benzoyl Peroxide is an organic compound. It has a keratolytic property, i.e., it even out the uneven skin. When applied on acne, it releases oxygen which kills the bacteria. This is how it works to cure your acne.
Common side effects of Benzoyl Peroxide
Dry skin, Erythema (skin redness), Burning sensation, Itching, Skin irritation
Available Medicine for Benzoyl Peroxide
Benzac ACGalderma India Pvt Ltd
₹83 to ₹1812 variant(s)
BrevoxylTorrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹112 to ₹1532 variant(s)
Bengel ACHegde and Hegde Pharmaceutical LLP
₹125 to ₹1292 variant(s)
PerobarAjanta Pharma Ltd
₹140 to ₹1482 variant(s)
Pernex ACOaknet Healthcare Pvt Ltd
₹52 to ₹1482 variant(s)
Persol ACWallace Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹116 to ₹1752 variant(s)
Prisben ACPrism Life Sciences Ltd
₹94 to ₹1502 variant(s)
AbenzAffy Pharma Pvt Ltd
A SolParry Pharma Pvt Ltd
Expert advice for Benzoyl Peroxide
- You have been prescribed Benzoyl Peroxide for the treatment of Acne.
- Do not apply it on sunburned or damaged skin.
- Be careful when applying Benzoyl Peroxide to large areas since it can bleach hair, clothing, and furnishings upon contact.
- It makes the skin more sensitive towards sunlight. Hence, apply it at night time and avoid excessive sun exposure. Use sunscreen and wear protective clothing when outdoors.
- It may cause skin dryness or stinging sensation. In case you experience excessive irritation or allergy, discontinue the medication and consult your doctor.