Information about Benzoyl Peroxide
Benzoyl peroxide uses
Benzoyl Peroxide is used in the treatment of acne.
How benzoyl peroxide works
Benzoyl Peroxide belongs to the class of medications called as keratolytic agents. It acts by killing the acne causing bacteria thereby preventing the infection. It also has peeling and drying properties.
Common side effects of benzoyl peroxide
Dry skin, Erythema, Skin peeling, Burning sensation
Available Medicine for Benzoyl Peroxide
- ₹76 to ₹152Galderma India Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹112 to ₹127Glaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹106 to ₹147Wallace Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹114 to ₹129Hegde and Hegde Pharmaceutical LLP2 variant(s)
- ₹49 to ₹123Oaknet Healthcare Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹107Ajanta Pharma Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹69 to ₹187Salve Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹94 to ₹150Prism Life Sciences Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹123Pretium Pharmaceuticals1 variant(s)
- ₹90Nidus Pharma Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Benzoyl Peroxide
- You have been prescribed Benzoyl Peroxide for the treatment of Acne.
- Be careful when applying Benzoyl Peroxide to large areas since it can bleach hair, clothing, and furnishings upon contact.
- It may cause skin dryness or stinging. In case you experience excessive irritation or allergy, discontinue the medication and consult your doctor.
- This medication may make you more sensitive to the sun. Avoid exposure to sunlight, sunlamp or ultraviolet light when using Benzoyl Peroxide.
- Use sunscreen and wear protective clothing when outdoors.
- Do not apply it on sunburned or damaged skin.
Frequently asked questions for Benzoyl Peroxide
Q. Does benzoyl peroxide work/ is benzoyl peroxide good for skin/pimples/acne/acne marks/ acne scars/ dark spots?
Benzoyl peroxide is effective in treating acne on face, chest or back in most of the people where the skin has a lot of blackheads, spots and pimples. It can be helpful in treating acne marks, scars and dark spots
Q. Does benzoyl peroxide darken skin/cause hyperpigmentation/peel skin/bleach skin/cause redness?
Benzoyl peroxide may cause redness, peel the skin and also bleach skin and hair. It doesn't darken the skin or cause hyperpigmentation, but it should be best to use it under a doctor's supervision
Q. Is benzoyl peroxide a BHA/an antibiotic/ retin a/salicylic acid?
Benzoyl peroxide is not a beta hydroxy acid (BHA), antibiotic, retin A or salicylic acid
Q. Is benzoyl peroxide the same as hydrogen peroxide?
No, benzoyl peroxide is different from hydrogen peroxide.