food interaction for PAXUM
alcohol interaction for PAXUM
pregnancy interaction for PAXUM
lactation interaction for PAXUM
medicine interaction for PAXUM
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR PAXUM
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR PAXUM
- CALMPOSE 10 MG INJECTION(2 ML injection in vial)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 6.28/ML of injectionRs. 12.55pay 7% more per ML of injection
- DIZEP 10MG INJECTION(2 ML injection in vial)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 4.60/ML of injectionRs. 9.20save 22% more per ML of injection
- STARLIUM 10MG INJECTION(2 ML injection in vial)Cadila Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 1.81/ML of injectionRs. 3.63save 69% more per ML of injection
Expert advice FOR PAXUM
- Notify your doctor immediately if you are or are planning to become pregnant during the administration of this medicine.
- Diazepam may be addictive, so take it as prescribed by the doctor.
- Do not discontinue the use of Diazepam, unless the doctor has advised you. Discontinuation may cause withdrawal symptoms, which may include seizures.
- Diazepam may cause memory problems, drowsiness, confusion, especially in elderly patients.
- Most people may find that it gets less effective over time.
- Avoid driving after taking Diazepam as it may cause drowsiness, dizziness, and confusion.
- Avoid consuming alcohol when taking Diazepam, it may cause excessive drowsiness.
Frequently asked questions FOR PAXUM
Q. Is diazepam an opioid/ painkiller/ barbiturate/ sedative/ muscle relaxant?
Diazepam belongs to a class of medication called as benzodiazepine. It produces sedation and also causes muscle relaxation. It is not a barbiturate, and does not relieve pain
Q. Is diazepam a sleeping pill?
Diazepam is used as sedative drug which induces sleep
Q. Is diazepam a narcotic/controlled drug?
Diazepam is considered as a narcotic drug, as it has low, but definite potential to cause addiction, resulting in abuse of the drug; hence, its sale is controlled. It is available only according to the prescription of a doctor
Q. How long can I take diazepam for?
It is advisable to take this drug only till prescribed by the doctor
Q. Can I take diazepam for back pain/toothache/anxiety/hangover?
Diazepam is used in the treatment of short-term relief (2-4 weeks) of severe anxiety. It is not a pain-relieving medication, and cannot be used to relieve pain. It does not relieve hangover
Q. Does diazepam help with opioid withdrawal?
Diazepam is used to induce sleep, control fits and other symptoms of withdrawal of opioids as well as other depressant drugs
Q. Does diazepam cause weight gain/drowsiness/thins blood?
Drowsiness is the most common side effect of diazepam. There is no evidence that it causes weight gain, or thinning of blood
Q. Does diazepam show on blood test?
Yes, diazepam can be detected in blood, as well as urine, even when it is taken at prescribed doses
Q. Does diazepam make you high?
Diazepam is a benzodiazepine, which calms down the brain to relieve symptoms of brain hyperactivity. This effect may be perceived by some as pleasant, or ‘getting high'. Diazepam is considered as a narcotic drug, as it has low, but definite potential to cause addiction, resulting in abuse of the drug; hence, its sale is controlled. It is available only according to the prescription of a doctor.