food interaction for PAPA suspension
alcohol interaction for PAPA suspension
pregnancy interaction for PAPA suspension
lactation interaction for PAPA suspension
It can be taken with or without food, but it is better to take Papa suspension at a fixed time.
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
Unknown. Human and animal studies are not available. Please consult your doctor.
Papa suspension is probably safe to use during breastfeeding. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR PAPA NA suspension
Papa suspension uses
Papa suspension is used in the treatment of parasitic worm infections.
How papa suspension works
Pyrantel pamoate belongs to a class of drugs called anthelmintic. It works by causing paralysis of worms thereby expelling them out of the body.
Common side effects of papa suspension
Headache, Dizziness, Nausea, Hair loss, Vomiting, Abnormal liver function tests, Fever, Abdominal pain, Vertigo.
SUBSTITUTES FOR PAPA suspensionNo substitutes found
Expert advice FOR PAPA suspension
• Exercise caution if you have a history of liver disease.
• Take precautions if you suffer from severe malnutrition or anemia.
• Take extra care to prevent the spread of infections to other family members by following hygiene practices.
• Do not drive, operate machinery as pyrantel pamoate may cause dizziness.
• Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
• Should not be administered to patients who are allergic to pyrantel pamoate or any of its ingredients.
Frequently asked questions FOR PAPA NA suspension
Q. Is pyrantel pamoate safe and effective?
Pyrantel pamoate is safe and effective at prescribed dose and duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Is pyrantel pamoate the same as ivermectin?
Pyrantel pamoate and ivermectin are used to treat worms but they belong to different chemical classes. Pyrantel pamoate is effective against hookworms and roundworms whereas ivermectin treats river blindness
Q. Is pyrantel pamoate sulfa drug?
Pyrantel pamoate is not a sulfa drug.