Information about Pyrantel Pamoate
Pyrantel pamoate uses
Pyrantel Pamoate is used in the treatment of worm infections.
How pyrantel pamoate works
Pyrantel Pamoate is an antihelmintic medication. It works by binding to the muscle and nerve cells of worms, causing their paralysis. The worms are unable to move and are cleared naturally in stool.
Common side effects of pyrantel pamoate
Headache, Dizziness, Nausea, Hair loss, Vomiting, Abnormal liver function tests, Fever, Abdominal pain, Vertigo
Available Medicine for Pyrantel Pamoate
- ₹12 to ₹21Ipca Laboratories Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹11 to ₹17Wockhardt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹7 to ₹13Euphoric Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹17Indica Laboratories Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹9Ciron Drugs & Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹11TOSC International Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹10Lark Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹8 to ₹12BPL2 variant(s)
- ₹8Vostok & Wilcure Remedies1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Pyrantel Pamoate
- You have been prescribed Pyrantel Pamoate to treat a variety of parasitic worm infections.
- It should be taken with food.
- If you are unable to swallow the whole tablet, it may be crushed or chewed and swallowed with a full glass of water.
- It can be harmful to an unborn baby. Do not take it during pregnancy or breastfeeding. Use birth control measures to prevent pregnancy while taking Pyrantel Pamoate.
- Your doctor may monitor your blood counts and liver function before you start taking this medicine and regularly throughout your treatment.
- Avoid being near people who are sick or have infections. Inform your doctor if you develop signs of infection.
- Do not skip doses and finish the prescribed course, even if you start to feel better. Stopping it early may increase your risk of further infection.
Frequently asked questions for Pyrantel Pamoate
Q. Is Pyrantel Pamoate safe and effective?
Pyrantel Pamoate is safe and effective at prescribed dose and duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Is pyrantel pamoate the same as ivermectin?
Pyrantel pamoate and ivermectin are used to treat worms but they belong to different chemical classes. Pyrantel pamoate is effective against hookworms and roundworms whereas ivermectin treats river blindness
Q. Is Pyrantel Pamoate sulfa drug?
Pyrantel Pamoate is not a sulfa drug.