Information about Pyrantel Pamoate
Pyrantel Pamoate Uses
Pyrantel Pamoate is used in the treatment of worm infections.
How Pyrantel Pamoate works
Pyrantel Pamoate is an antihelmintic medication. It works by binding to the muscle and nerve cells of worms, causing their paralysis. The worms are unable to move and are cleared naturally in stool.
Common side effects of Pyrantel Pamoate
Headache, Dizziness, Nausea, Hair loss, Vomiting, Abnormal liver function tests, Fever, Abdominal pain, Vertigo
Available Medicine for Pyrantel Pamoate
NemocidIpca Laboratories Ltd
₹13 to ₹223 variant(s)
₹11 to ₹162 variant(s)
PapaEuphoric Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹7 to ₹123 variant(s)
TolwormTOSC International Pvt Ltd
Wormica SDIndica Laboratories Pvt Ltd
PyrocideCiron Drugs & Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
AntiminthJ B Chemicals and Pharmaceuticals Ltd
PymolarLark Laboratories Ltd
₹8 to ₹112 variant(s)
HelmaparVostok & Wilcure Remedies
Expert advice for Pyrantel Pamoate
- You have been prescribed Pyrantel Pamoate to treat a variety of parasitic worm infections.
- It should be taken with food.
- Do not crush, chew, or break the tablet. Swallow it whole with a full glass of water.
- It can be harmful to an unborn baby. Do not take it during pregnancy. Use birth control measures to prevent pregnancy while taking Pyrantel Pamoate.
- Your doctor may monitor your blood counts and liver function before you start taking this medicine and regularly throughout your treatment.
- Avoid being near people who are sick or have infections. Inform your doctor if you develop signs of infection.
- Do not skip doses and finish the prescribed course, even if you start to feel better. Stopping it early may increase your risk of further infection.