Information about Pyrantel Pamoate
Pyrantel pamoate uses
Pyrantel Pamoate is used in the treatment of parasitic worm infections.
How pyrantel pamoate works
Pyrantel pamoate belongs to a class of drugs called anthelmintic. It works by causing paralysis of worms thereby expelling them out of the body.
Common side effects of pyrantel pamoate
Headache, Dizziness, Nausea, Hair loss, Vomiting, Abnormal liver function tests, Fever, Abdominal pain, Vertigo
Available Medicine for Pyrantel Pamoate
- ₹10 to ₹18Ipca Laboratories Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹11 to ₹14Wockhardt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹7 to ₹13Euphoric Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹17Indica Laboratories Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹10Lark Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹14Pfizer Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Pyrantel Pamoate
• Exercise caution if you have a history of liver disease.
• Take precautions if you suffer from severe malnutrition or anemia.
• Take extra care to prevent the spread of infections to other family members by following hygiene practices.
• Do not drive, operate machinery as pyrantel pamoate may cause dizziness.
• Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
• Should not be administered to patients who are allergic to pyrantel pamoate or any of its ingredients.
Frequently asked questions for Pyrantel Pamoate
Q. Is Pyrantel Pamoate safe and effective?
Pyrantel Pamoate is safe and effective at prescribed dose and duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Is pyrantel pamoate the same as ivermectin?
Pyrantel pamoate and ivermectin are used to treat worms but they belong to different chemical classes. Pyrantel pamoate is effective against hookworms and roundworms whereas ivermectin treats river blindness
Q. Is Pyrantel Pamoate sulfa drug?
Pyrantel Pamoate is not a sulfa drug.