Medicine Overview of Palido-OD Tablet
Side effects of Palido-OD Tablet
Headache, Sleepiness, Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping), Parkinsonism, Akathisia, Dystonia.
How to use Palido-OD Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It can be taken with or without food, but it is better to take Palido-OD 3mg Tablet at a fixed time.
How Palido-OD Tablet works
Palido-od 3mg tablet is an atypical antipsychotic. It works by modulating the action of certain chemical messengers in the brain that affects thoughts.
In Depth Information on Palido-OD Tablet
Expert advice for Palido-OD Tablet
- You can take paliperidone with or without breakfast, however, same pattern to be followed during the entire treatment.
- Inform your doctor if you have known cardiovascular disease or family history of QT prolongation and if you are taking medicines that may prolong the QT interval.
- Discontinue and inform you doctor immediately if you experience Neuroleptic Malignant Syndrome (NMS), characterised by hyperthermia (fever), muscle rigidity, autonomic instability, altered consciousness, and elevated serum creatine levels.
- Inform your doctor if you have a swallowing, stomach or intestinal disorder that reduces your ability to swallow or pass foods by normal bowel movements.
- You may suffer from tardive dyskinesia characterized by rhythmical, involuntary movements, predominantly of the tongue and/or face. Inform you doctor if you experience such symptoms.
- You may suffer from priapism (prolonged and/or painful erection), inform your doctor if you experience such symptoms.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as paliperidone may have some nervous effects and may cause visual disturbances.
- If you are a patient with diabetes, or with schizophrenia, taking paliperidone may increase the risk of developing diabetes. You should monitor glucose regularly while on paliperidone treatment.
- Seek immediate medical attention if the thoughts of suicide occur when on paliperidone therapy.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Special precautions for Palido-OD 3mg Tablet
Palido-OD 3mg Tablet may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness with alcohol.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Palido-OD 3mg Tablet may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Palido-OD 3mg Tablet is probably usafe to use during lactati+more
on. Limited human data suggests that the drug could represent a significant risk to the baby....
Palido-OD 3mg Tablet may make you feel dizzy, drowsy or affe+more
ct your vision. Do not drive until your vision is clear....
Palido-OD 3mg Tablet should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Palido-OD 3mg Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor.+more
Use of Palido-OD 3mg Tablet is not recommended in patients with end-stage kidney disease....
Use of Palido-OD 3mg Tablet is not recommended in patients with end-stage kidney disease.
Palido-OD 3mg Tablet should be used with caution in patients with severe liver disease. Dose adjustment of Palido-OD 3mg Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor.+more
Limited information is available on the use of Palido-OD 3mg Tablet in these patients. No dose adjustment is recommended in patients with mild to moderate liver disease....
Limited information is available on the use of Palido-OD 3mg Tablet in these patients. No dose adjustment is recommended in patients with mild to moderate liver disease.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Flutis 150mg Tablet, Onecan 400mg Tablet, Onitraz 100mg Capsule, AF 150mg Tablet DT
Frequently asked questions for Palido-OD 3mg Tablet
Frequently asked questions for Paliperidone
Q. Is paliperidone the same as risperidone?
Paliperidone gets converted to risperidone in the body and thus exerts similar actions
No, Palido-od is not a narcotic
Yes, Palido-od is an atypical antipsychotic
Palido-od is metabolized to its active metabolite risperidone by the CYP family of metabolizing enzymes
Yes, Palido-od is known to cause weight gain
Palido-od may cause priapism (prolonged and/or painful erection), which may contribute to erectile dysfunction. Please follow your doctor's advice regarding its use
Oral Palido-od may take 5 days to clear off from your body/system, whereas the injection may take around 4 to 8 months to clear off from your body/system.
User Submitted Feedback For Palido-OD 3mg Tablet
Patients taking Palido-OD 3mg Tablet
Once A Day
Twice A Day
What were the side-effects while using this medicine?
How do you take this medicine?
Please rate this medicine on price?
What are you using this medicine for?
Substitutes for Palido-OD Tablet
Paliris 3mg Tablet
Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
Psycodon 3mg Tablet
Crescent Therapeutics Ltd
Palivega 3mg Tablet
Paliris 3mg Tablet
Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
Palica OD 3mg Tablet