Medicine Overview of P-Zide Tablet
Uses of P-Zide Tablet
P-Zide 1000mg Tablet is used in the treatment of tuberculosis.
Side effects of P-Zide Tablet
Jaundice, Hepatitis (viral infection of liver), Increased liver enzymes, Joint pain.
How to use P-Zide Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. P-Zide 1000mg Tablet is to be taken with food.
How P-Zide Tablet works
P-zide 1000mg tablet is an antibiotic. It works by slowing the growth of bacteria that causes tuberculosis.
In Depth Information on P-Zide Tablet
Expert advice for P-Zide Tablet
- Avoid alcoholic beverages while taking this drug.
- Do not have any immunizations/vaccinations while using this medication without the consent of your doctor.
- Contact your doctor immediately if you experience symptoms such as persistent nausea, vomiting, feeling of discomfort (malaise) or jaundice (abnormal liver function causing yellowing of skin and eyes) while taking pyrazinamide. It indicates that you are developing liver disease.
- Constant monitoring of liver function (especially levels of enzymes aspartate transferase [AST] and alanine transferase [ALT]) and blood uric acid levels is advised while on treatment with pyrazinamide.
- Do consult your doctor before taking pyrazinamide if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant.
- Do not use pyrazinamide, if you are breast-feeding.
- Do not stop taking pyrazinamide without consulting your doctor.
- If you forget to take a dose of pyrazinamide, take it as soon as you remember. Do not double the dose to make up for the missed dose.
- Do consult your doctor if you are taking oral contraceptive medications (hormonal birth control pills) for birth control. Your doctor may ask you to use other means of birth control (eg. condom, diaphragm with spermicide) to prevent pregnancy while taking pyrazinamide.
Special precautions for P-Zide 1000mg Tablet
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
P-Zide 1000mg Tablet may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
P-Zide 1000mg Tablet is probably safe to use during lactatio+more
n. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby....
It is not known whether P-Zide 1000mg Tablet alters the abil+more
ity to drive. Do not drive if you experience any symptoms that affect your ability to concentrate and react....
P-Zide 1000mg Tablet should be used with caution in patients with severe kidney disease. Dose adjustment of P-Zide 1000mg Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor.+more
Kidney function tests are advised before you start taking this medicine....
Kidney function tests are advised before you start taking this medicine.
P-Zide 1000mg Tablet should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of P-Zide 1000mg Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor.+more
Regular monitoring of liver function tests is advised before and after the start of the treatment....
Regular monitoring of liver function tests is advised before and after the start of the treatment.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Louric 100mg Tablet, Piloric 300mg Tablet, Zylotis 100mg Tablet, Axanthine 300mg Tablet
If you miss a dose of Pyrazinamide, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for P-Zide 1000mg Tablet
Frequently asked questions for Pyrazinamide
P-zide is an antibiotic. It is used in combination with other antibiotics in the treatment of tuberculosis
P-zide is both a bacteriostatic and a bactericidal antibiotic. It stops the growth of bacteria (bacteriostatic) in certain cases and kills (bactericidal) the tuberculosis causing bacteria in other cases
P-zide kills or stops growth of bacteria that causes tuberculosis (Mycobacterium tuberculosis). The exact mechanism of action for P-zide is not known
Following oral intake of P-zide, it gets converted in the body to pyrazinoic acid (active chemical form of P-zide). Pyrazinoic acid blocks the excretion of urates (salt form of uric acid) by the kidneys. This causes an increase in blood levels of uric acid (hyperuricemia). Excess uric acid accumulation between joints causes pain, swelling, redness and stiffness in joints (gout).
User Submitted Feedback For P-Zide 1000mg Tablet
Patients taking P-Zide 1000mg Tablet
Once A Day
Twice A Day
Twice A Week
What were the side-effects while using this medicine?
How do you take this medicine?
How much was the improvement?
Please rate this medicine on price?
What are you using this medicine for?
Survey Participants: 3
“The following are the results of on-going survey on 1mg.com for P-Zide 1000mg Tablet. These results only indicate the perceptions of the website users. Please base your medical decisions only on the advice of a doctor or a registered medical professional.”
One of the following vendor pharmacies will deliver P-Zide 1000mg Tablet: PEN, DPP, PNT, XPS, AGT, NVY, MPC, SJP, MAX, HEX, DYG, WSI, STA, NWP, SAF, RSS, OWP, LHA, 9T9, PLT, JMJ, JVN, DMP, ATP, MMS, DFP, GNC, SSA, KHH, SBA, PSP, SHM, DDR, SWA, SDM, MOM, LCC, ATL, INC, BIO, BDN, AVN, RSA, DEL, NDP, BSN, OHM, RPP, ADT, HBV, RUS, ZVP, GTK, SAT, BTM, GPT, BLP, HRV, AAR, SBL, RHW, HIP, OLT, FGH, JIV, AAY, RJH, NNH, NVL, HGI, SHP, GTC, PPR, MSD, USF, EMB, RKS, IPL, IAD, MAK, OIP, ENP, PTS, AYU, EQN, DLP, ARD
Substitutes for P-Zide Tablet
Pyzina 1000mg Tablet
Macrozide 1000mg Tablet
Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
Actizid 1000mg Tablet
Overseas Healthcare Pvt Ltd
Mzide 1000mg Tablet
Marc Laboratories Pvt Ltd
Antizide 1000mg Tablet