food interaction for ODIPINE
alcohol interaction for ODIPINE
pregnancy interaction for ODIPINE
lactation interaction for ODIPINE
medicine interaction for ODIPINE
Avoid Odipine 5mg tablet with grapefruit juice.
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR ODIPINE
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR ODIPINE
- STAMLO 5 MG TABLET(15 tablets in strip)Dr Reddy's Laboratories LtdRs. 2.45/tabletRs. 36.70pay 102% more per tablet
- AMLODAC 5 MG TABLET(15 tablets in strip)Zydus CadilaRs. 2.45/tabletRs. 36.70pay 102% more per tablet
- AMLONG 5 MG TABLET(15 tablets in strip)Micro Labs LtdRs. 2.45/tabletRs. 36.69pay 102% more per tablet
- AMLOVAS 5 MG TABLET(15 tablets in strip)Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 2.45/tabletRs. 36.70pay 102% more per tablet
- AMLOKIND 5 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Mankind Pharma LtdRs. 1.16/tabletRs. 11.61save 4% more per tablet
Expert advice FOR ODIPINE
- Notify your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant.
- Amlodipine can cause swelling in the ankle or feet. Notify your doctor if it bothers you.
- The missing dose of the Amlodipine can cause your blood pressure to go up suddenly, which raises the risk of heart attack and stroke. You can take the medicine at the same time every day to avoid forgetting it.
- You may get a headache that lasts for a short time, after starting Amlodipine. This should become less noticeable after a few days.
- Amlodipine may cause dizziness in the first few days of starting the treatment.
- Swelling, bleeding or tenderness of gums may occur after starting the treatment. Brushing and flossing of teeth carefully and regularly may prevent this.
Frequently asked questions FOR ODIPINE
Q. Is amlodipine safe?
Amlodipine is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Is amlodipine a diuretic/ blood thinner/ beta-blocker/ statin/ ACE inhibitor or a nitrate?
Amlodipine is a calcium channel blocker, not a diuretic, blood thinner, beta-blocker, statin, ACE inhibitor or a nitrate
Q. Can I take amlodipine with Viagra?
Amlodipine does not have any significant interaction with sildenafil, the active ingredient of Viagra. However, consult your doctor before taking both the drugs together
Q. Does amlodipine cause gout or coughing?
Amlodipine does not cause gout, in fact it can be taken by gout patients for the appropriate indication. Coughing is a very rare side effect of amlodipine
Q. What is Eslo 2.5 or Amlopres-5 used for?
Eslo 2.5 or Amlopres-5 are some of the trade names of amlodipine and used for the same indications as amlodipine.