food interaction for NUPEX
alcohol interaction for NUPEX
pregnancy interaction for NUPEX
lactation interaction for NUPEX
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for NUPEX
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for NUPEX
- FLUANXOL 0.5 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Lundbeck India Pvt LtdRs. 4.13/tabletRs. 41.35save 8% more per tablet
- SPENZO 0.5 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 2.75/tabletRs. 27.50save 39% more per tablet
- XOLYBEX 0.5MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Vidakem Lifesciences Pvt LtdRs. 4.40/tabletRs. 44save 2% more per tablet
- Dr. Kanika MehrotraMBBS
- Dr. Deepak RahejaMBBS, MD, Fellowship
- Dr. Anurag MishraMBBS, MD
- Dr. Puneet DwevediMBBS, MD
- Dr. Jyoti Kapoor MadanMBBS, DNB, Diploma, Fellowship
Expert advice for NUPEX
- Do not start or continue Flupenthixol and consult your doctor, if you are alergic to it.
- Do not suddenly withdraw or discontinue therapy.
- Avoid drinking alcohol.
- Flupenthixol can impair mental and physical coordination and, therefore, caution has to be taken before operating an automobile or machinery or engaging in activities requiring mental alertness and coordination.
Frequently asked questions for NUPEX
Q.What is flupenthixol deconate?
Flupenthixol belongs to a class of medication called as typical antipsychotic. It acts by increasing the amounts of chemical (serotonin), in the brain. Flupenthixol decanoate is a long-acting preparation of flupenthixol for injection into the muscles, which may be given at a frequency ranging from once in a week to once in 4 weeks
Q.What is flupenthixol used for?
Flupenthixol is used in the treatment of schizophrenia and other psychoses which are disorders where individuals are unable to distinguish between what is real and unreal, think clearly, manage emotions, relate to others, and function normally
Q.Why is flupenthixol banned?
Flupenthixol in combination with melitracen is banned in india due to safety concern
Q.How does flupenthixol work?
Flupenthixol belongs to a class of medication called as typical antipsychotic. It acts by normalizing the levels of certain chemicals in the brain in specific brain pathways that are responsible for causing symptoms of the disease.