Medicine Overview of Norphin Injection
Uses of Norphin Injection
Norphin 0.3mg Injection is used in opioid dependence and moderate to severe pain.
Side effects of Norphin Injection
Weakness, Anxiety, Nervousness, Dizziness, Drowsiness, Headache, Orthostatic hypotension (sudden lowering of blood pressure on standing), Constipation, Diarrhoea, Nausea, Vomiting, Sweating.
How to use Norphin Injection
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
How Norphin Injection works
Norphin 0.3mg injection is an opioid partial agonist-antagonists. It prevents withdrawal symptoms in patients who stop taking opioid drugs by producing similar effects to these drugs.
In Depth Information on Norphin Injection
Expert advice for Norphin Injection
- Do not take buprenorphine if you are allergic to buprenorphine or any of its ingredients.
- Do not take buprenorphine if you have serious breathing problems; head injuries or brain disease; enlarged prostate gland; difficulties in passing urine; low blood pressure.
- Do not take buprenorphine if you are intoxicated due to alcohol or have delirium tremens (sudden and severe mental changes including tremors and hallucinations due to alcohol withdrawal).
- Do not drive a car or operate machinery as it is known to cause drowsiness.
- Taking buprenorphine may cause dizziness, lightheadedness especially when you get up too quickly from a lying position. Therefore, get out of bed slowly, resting your feet on the floor for a few minutes before standing up.
Special precautions for Norphin 0.3mg Injection
Norphin 0.3mg Injection may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness with alcohol.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Norphin 0.3mg Injection may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Norphin 0.3mg Injection is probably usafe to use during lact+more
ation. Limited human data suggests that the drug could represent a significant risk to the baby....
Norphin 0.3mg Injection may make you feel dizzy, sleepy, tir+more
ed, or decrease alertness. If this happens, do not drive....
Norphin 0.3mg Injection should be used with caution in patie+more
nts with severe kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Norphin 0.3mg Injection may be needed. Please consult your doctor....
Norphin 0.3mg Injection should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Norphin 0.3mg Injection may be needed. Please consult your doctor.+more
Use of Norphin 0.3mg Injection is not recommended in patients with serious liver disease....
Use of Norphin 0.3mg Injection is not recommended in patients with serious liver disease.
Frequently asked questions for Norphin 0.3mg Injection
Frequently asked questions for Buprenorphine
Norphin belongs to a class of medications called opioid partial agonist-antagonists, which is used to relieve pain. It is a controlled substance and an addictive drug. Consult your doctor for alternate drug if you experience addiction
Yes. Norphin block opiates
Norphin is not known to cause depression. If you experience such side effects, please consult your doctor.