Information about Naltrexone
How Naltrexone works
Naltrexone is an opioid antagonist. It works by blocking the euphoric feelings (highs) that you may experience after taking opiates and alcohol. This reduces craving and helps you remain off of them.
Common side effects of Naltrexone
Joint pain, Muscle pain, Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping), Weakness, Anxiety, Restlessness, Fainting, Increased thirst, Decreased libido, Decreased sexual function
Available Medicine for Naltrexone
NaltimaIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
NodictSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
AddtrexRusan Pharma Ltd
NaltreatPsychocare Health Pvt Ltd
NalconConsern Pharma Limited
NaltrawaveBrainwave Healthcare Pvt Ltd
Expert advice for Naltrexone
- Take it at the same time every day to help you remember to take it.
- Do not consume opioid derivatives while on this treatment.
- Do not drive or do anything requiring concentration until you know how Naltrexone affects you.
- Your doctor may check your liver function before starting treatment and regularly thereafter.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.