Medicine Overview of Nicoclin Gel
Uses of Nicoclin Gel
Side effects of Nicoclin Gel
Rash, Abnormal liver function tests, Allergic sensitization, Blurred vision, Diarrhoea, Dizziness, Flushing (sense of warmth in the face, ears, neck and trunk), Gastrointestinal discomfort, Vomiting, Nausea, Headache, Liver toxicity, Increased glucose level in blood.
How to use Nicoclin Gel
How Nicoclin Gel works
In Depth Information on Nicoclin Gel
Expert advice for Nicoclin Gel
- Do not use nicotinamide in children.
- Caution should be observed if large doses are prescribed in patients with a history of jaundice, liver disease, or diabetes mellitus.
- Do not take nicotinamide along with fibrates (e.g. Clofibrate) and statins (e.g. Simvastatin) as it may cause rhabdomyolysis.
- Do not take nicotinamide along with alcohol.
- Caution should be taken in the use of supplements containing copper, which may cause severe heart defects (second or third degree heart blocks) in patients with chronic liver or renal failure.
- Tell your doctor if you are taking, have recently taken, or might take any other medicines.
Cautious use of Nicoclin 4% Gel is advised in patients with kidney disease as the information available is very limited.
Use of Nicoclin 4% Gel is not recommended in patients with active liver disease.