food interaction for NEOPRED
alcohol interaction for NEOPRED
pregnancy interaction for NEOPRED
lactation interaction for NEOPRED
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for NEOPRED
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for NEOPREDNo substitutes found
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. R. S. RawatMBBS, MD
- Dr. P. R. AryanMBBS, Diploma
- Dr. Kartavya ShahMBBS, DNB
Expert advice for NEOPRED
- Neomycin tablets are not recommended for children below six year of age.
- Some patients (infants, elderly, obese and cystic fibrosis [genetic disorder that affects lungs] patients) may require monitoring of neomycin levels in blood to prevent damage to the ear and kidneys.
- Caution is advised in patients suffering from Parkinson’s disease or any disease characterized by muscle weakness, or in patients about to receive general anesthesia.
- Caution is also advised in patients who are exposed to loud noise, or patients who have been dehydrated due to diarrhea or vomiting.
Frequently asked questions for NEOPRED
Q.Does neomycin has sulfa or does the sulphate present in this drug contain sulfa?
No, neomycin does not contain sulfa (sulphonamide group) and the sulphate group present in this drug has no link with sulfa either
Q.Does neomycin expire?
Yes. The expiry date is provided on the blister pack of tablets or the ointment tube
Q.Does neomycin cover pseudomonas?
No, neomycin is not effective against pseudomona
Q.Does neomycin contain penicillin?
No, neomycin does not contain penicillin. It belongs to a group of drugs called aminoglycosides
Q.Does neosporin help acne /cold soresNeosporin contains neomycin in addition to bacitracin and polymyxin. Neosporin does not treat acne or cold sores. It only helps in the treatment of some infections of the skin.Does neosporin help scars?
Neosporin contains neomycin in addition to bacitracin and polymyxin. Neosporin does not help in the treatment of scars. It only helps in the treatment of some infections of the skin
Q.Does neosporin help cuts?
Neosporin contains neomycin in addition to bacitracin and polymyxin. Neosporin only helps prevent or treat the infection of wounds. It does help heal the cuts
Q.Does neomycin cause tinnitus?
Neomycin is known to cause damage to the ear. One of the symptoms of damage to ear is tinnitus
Q.Is neomycin safe?
Neomycin is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor.