Information about Vecuronium
Vecuronium is used for skeletal mucle relaxation during surgery.
How vecuronium works
Vecuronium relaxes the muscles by blocking the impulses from the nerves.
Common side effects of vecuronium
Skin rash, Increased saliva production, Injection site reactions (pain, swelling, redness), High blood pressure
Available Medicine for Vecuronium
- ₹85 to ₹102Samarth Life Sciences Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹103 to ₹220Gland Pharma Limited2 variant(s)
- ₹135 to ₹430Neon Laboratories Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹126 to ₹297Troikaa Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹114 to ₹154Zydus Cadila2 variant(s)
- ₹86 to ₹262Fresenius Kabi India Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹95 to ₹119Celon Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹115 to ₹185Alembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹126 to ₹289Organon (India) Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹210Vhb Life Sciences Inc1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Vecuronium
- Vecuronium is given as an injection by healthcare professionals only.
- It may cause dizziness and sleepiness. Do not drive or do anything that requires mental focus until you know how Vecuronium affects you.
- You will be monitored continuously during the treatment to check the effect of the medicine.
- You will be given artificial ventilation until you are able to breathe on your own.
Frequently asked questions for Vecuronium
Q. Is Vecuronium/Vecuronium bromide a controlled substance?
No, Vecuronium is not a controlled substance
Q. Is Vecuronium a sedative?
Vecuronium is a muscle relaxant and not a sedative. However it can be used as additional agent to anesthesia or sedation
Q. Why is Vecuronium used with anesthesia?
Vecuronium is used with anesthesia to make easy placement of flexible plastic tube into the trachea (tracheal intubation) and to provide skeletal muscle relaxation during surgery
Q. Does Vecuronium affect pupils/paralyze the gut/cause hypotension/bradycardia?
These effects are rare or of unknown frequency with Vecuronium use. Stop taking Vecuronium and consult your doctor immediately if you experience one or more such symptoms
Q. Does Vecuronium cross the placenta?
Vecuronium crosses the placenta. Please follow advice of your doctor regarding its use
Q. Does vecuronium release histamine/cause histamine release?
Generally, neuromuscular blocking agents release histamine. Animal studies of vecuronium have shown weak capacity of histamine release. However, human studies do not support the data of histamine release
Q. How does Vecuronium work?
Vecuronium works by blocking the signalling process between the nerves and muscles, which results in muscle relaxation.