Information about Vecuronium
Vecuronium is used for skeletal mucle relaxation during surgery.
How vecuronium works
Vecuronium relaxes the muscles by blocking the impulses from the nerves.
Common side effects of vecuronium
Allergic reaction, Injection site pain, Muscle weakness, Skin rash, Skin redness, Swelling, Wheezing
Available Medicine for Vecuronium
- ₹103 to ₹220Gland Pharma Limited2 variant(s)
- ₹135 to ₹430Neon Laboratories Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹95 to ₹119Celon Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹126 to ₹297Troikaa Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹85 to ₹102Samarth Life Sciences Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹114 to ₹154Zydus Cadila2 variant(s)
- ₹91 to ₹162Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹120 to ₹172Cachet Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹96 to ₹131Hetero Drugs Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹261Fresenius Kabi India Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Vecuronium
- You may be monitored with respiratory function test to check for paralysis of respiratory muscles.
- You will be on ventilator support until adequate spontaneous respiration is restored.
- Consult your doctor if you are suffering from any of the following medical conditions: liver, biliary tract disease or kidney failure, heart disease with increased circulation time, neuromuscular disease, hypothermia, burns, obesity, electrolyte disturbances, altered blood pH or dehydration.
- Seek medical advice while taking vecuronium as there is an increased risk of inadequate neuromuscular recovery (residual neuromuscular blockade).
- Before drug administration you may be tested for hypersensitivity as vecuronium is known to cause severe allergic reactions.
Frequently asked questions for Vecuronium
Q. Is Vecuronium/Vecuronium bromide a controlled substance?
No, Vecuronium is not a controlled substance
Q. Is Vecuronium a sedative?
Vecuronium is a muscle relaxant and not a sedative. However it can be used as additional agent to anesthesia or sedation
Q. Why is Vecuronium used with anesthesia?
Vecuronium is used with anesthesia to make easy placement of flexible plastic tube into the trachea (tracheal intubation) and to provide skeletal muscle relaxation during surgery
Q. Does Vecuronium affect pupils/paralyze the gut/cause hypotension/bradycardia?
These effects are rare or of unknown frequency with Vecuronium use. Stop taking Vecuronium and consult your doctor immediately if you experience one or more such symptoms
Q. Does Vecuronium cross the placenta?
Vecuronium crosses the placenta. Please follow advice of your doctor regarding its use
Q. Does vecuronium release histamine/cause histamine release?
Generally, neuromuscular blocking agents release histamine. Animal studies of vecuronium have shown weak capacity of histamine release. However, human studies do not support the data of histamine release
Q. How does Vecuronium work?
Vecuronium works by blocking the signalling process between the nerves and muscles, which results in muscle relaxation.