Substitutes for NEOCURON
No substitutes found for this medicine
Medicine Overview of NEOCURON INJECTION
Uses of NEOCURON INJECTION
Neocuron injection is used for skeletal mucle relaxation during surgery.
Side effects of NEOCURON INJECTION
Abdominal pain, Abnormal breathing, Allergic skin condition, Allergic skin rash, Altered heart rate, Increased saliva production, Increased blood pressure, Injection site irritation, Itching, Tachycardia, Vision impairment.
How to use NEOCURON INJECTION
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
How NEOCURON INJECTION works
Neocuron injection relaxes the muscles by blocking the impulses from the nerves.
In Depth Information on NEOCURON INJECTION
Expert advice for NEOCURON INJECTION
- Do not drive or use heavy machineries for 24 hours after full recovery from the muscle relaxant effects of pancuronium.
- Take precautions if you have kidney, liver, lung and heart disease, high blood pressure, lung cancer, myasthenia gravis (neuromuscular disease characterized by very weak muscles and unusual tiredness) or other neuromuscular diseases, polio, fluid retention, jaundice.
- Take special care if you are an elderly patient or if you are dehydrated or in general poor health.
- You will be regularly monitored for any blood abnormalities, such as altered calcium, magnesium, potassium and protein levels.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Special precautions for NEOCURON INJECTION
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Neocuron injection may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Unknown. Human and animal studies are not available. Please consult your doctor.
Patients do not drive or use machines for at least 24 hours after administration of the drug.
Caution should be advised in patients with renal impairment.
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Frequently asked questions for NEOCURON 4MG INJECTION
Frequently asked questions for Pancuronium
Q. Is pancuronium bromide painful?
Yes, pancuronium can cause injection site pain. Please follow your doctor's advice regarding its use
Q. Does pancuronium cross the placenta?
Yes, pancuronium crosses placenta
Q. Why does pancuronium cause tachycardia?
Pancuronium acts in the central nervous system to release chemicals like epinephrine and norepinephrine which stimulate heart and increases heart rate causing tachycardia.