food interaction for NEOCLOX
alcohol interaction for NEOCLOX
pregnancy interaction for NEOCLOX
lactation interaction for NEOCLOX
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for NEOCLOX
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for NEOCLOX
- KLOX 500 MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Hetero Drugs LtdRs. 9.37/injectionRs. 9.37save 12% more per injection
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Joy ChakrabortyMBBS, MD
- Dr. R. S. RawatMBBS, MD
- Dr. R. R. DuttaMBBS, MD
Expert advice for NEOCLOX
- It should not be taken by patients who are allergic to cloxacillin or any of the other penicillins or cephalosporin.
- Cloxacillin may decrease the effectiveness of birth control pills. Use a second method of birth control while taking cloxacillin to protect against pregnancy.
- Consult your doctor before taking cloxacillin, if you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- If you are on long-term treatment with cloxacillin, your kidney and liver function, and your blood cell count may have to be done regularly.
Frequently asked questions for NEOCLOX
Q.Is cloxacillin a penicillin/antibiotic?
Cloxacillin belongs to a class of medication called penicillin antibiotics. It does not contain penicillin but is structurally similar to it. It is is used to treat bacterial infections in the body affecting the ear, nose, throat, lungs (pneumonia), skin and skin structure infections, urinary bladder infection (cystitis), infection of the valves of the heart, bone infections, especially those caused by the resistant staphylococcus bacteria
Q.What does it treat?
It is also used to treat leprosy and lepra-reaction seen in leprosy, and to prevent infection during surgery
Q.Is cloxacillin the same as amoxicillin?
Cloxacillin is not the same as amoxicillin, but they belong to the same class of medication called penicillin antibiotics
Q.Is cloxacillin used for treating tonsillitis/ boils/acne/chlamydia/streptococcus infections?
Cloxacillin is not commonly used to treat tonsillitis/boils/acne/chlamydia. It may be used to treat streptococcus infections but is more commonly used for staphylococcus infections
Q.Does cloxacillin cause weight gain or sleepiness?
These are no studies showing any relation between weight gain, sleepiness and cloxacillin use
Q.Does it affect menstruation?
It is not known to affect menstruation
Q.Can I take Advil (ibuprofen)/ Tylenol (paracetamol) with cloxacillin?
There are no known interactions between cloxacillin and Advil (ibuprofen)/ Tylenol (paracetamol). But doctor's advice should be followed about taking both the medications together
Q.Is cloxacillin safe for G6PD?
Yes, cloxacillin can be safely used in patients who have deficiency of the enzyme glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase (G6PD)
Q.Does cloxacillin expire?
Cloxacillin has an expiry date, beyond which it should not be consumed. Please refer to the pack or package insert for the expiry date.