Information about Cloxacillin
Cloxacillin is used in the treatment of bacterial infections.
How cloxacillin works
Cloxacillin is an antibiotic. It kills bacteria by preventing them from forming their own protective covering (cell wall) which is needed for them to survive.
Common side effects of cloxacillin
Rash, Injection site reactions (pain, swelling, redness), Vomiting, Allergic reaction, Nausea, Diarrhea
Available Medicine for Cloxacillin
- ₹120S R Pharmaceuticals1 variant(s)
- ₹4 to ₹9Osper Formulations Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹11Modern Laboratories1 variant(s)
- ₹10Neon Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹7 to ₹61Lyka Labs5 variant(s)
- ₹20 to ₹40PCI Pharmaceuticals2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Cloxacillin
- You have been prescribed Cloxacillin for the treatment of bacterial infections.
- It is given by an injection into a vein or muscle, or via a drip into a vein.
- Finish the prescribed course, even if you start to feel better. Stopping it early may make the infection come back and harder to treat.
- Diarrhea may occur as a side effect but should stop when your course is complete. Inform your doctor if it doesn't stop or if you find blood in your stools.
- Inform your doctor immediately if you develop an itchy rash, swelling of the face, throat or tongue or breathing difficulties while taking this medicine.
Frequently asked questions for Cloxacillin
Q. Can Cloxacillin cause allergic reaction?
Although it is rare but yes, Cloxacillin can cause allergic reaction and is harmful in patients with known allergy to penicillins. Get emergency medical help if you have any of the signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Q. Is it safe to use Cloxacillin for long term?
Cloxacillin should be used as long as prescribed by your doctor. Cloxacillin is usually considered to be safe when taken in the recommended dose and duration.
Q. How long does Cloxacillin takes to work?
Usually, Cloxacillin starts working soon after taking it. However, it may take around 2-3 days to make you feel better while taking Cloxacillin.
Q. What if I don't get better after using Cloxacillin?
Inform your doctor if you don't feel better after finishing the full course of treatment. Also, inform him if your symptoms are getting worse while using this medicine.
Q. Can I stop taking Cloxacillin when my symptoms are relieved?
No, do not stop taking Cloxacillin and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better. Your symptoms may improve before the infection is completely cleared.