Medicine Overview of N S Infusion
Uses of N S Infusion
N S 0.45gm Infusion is used in short term fluid replacement after trauma, dehydration and irrigation solution for eye/nose.
Side effects of N S Infusion
How to use N S Infusion
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self-administer.
How N S Infusion works
N s 0.45gm infusion works by replacing fluid loss.
In Depth Information on N S Infusion
Expert advice for N S Infusion
- Your electrolyte levels in blood and other parameters (such as blood pressure etc.) will be monitored regularly as you receive intravenous sodium chloride.
- Tell your doctor if you have disorders of the kidneys, lungs, problems of the heart related to impaired pumping of blood (congestive cardiac disorders), high blood pressure or pregnancy-related blood pressure problems (pre-eclampsia), fluid retention problems or swelling in hands, ankles or feet.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you experience any unwanted swelling, trouble in breathing, muscle cramps, and/or weakness, fits, nausea, vomiting or stomach pain.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not take if you are allergic to sodium chloride or any of its ingredients.
- Do not give to patients with excess fluid or sodium in the space outside body cells (extracellular hyper hydration or hypervolemia).
- Do not give to patients with abnormally low levels of sodium or chloride in blood (hyponatremia, hypochloremia), fluid and sodium retention problems or edema (swelling).
- Do not give to patients with congestive heart failure (heart failure resulting in fluid build-up in lungs and other body tissues), severe liver and kidney functioning problems.
Special precautions for N S 0.45gm Infusion
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
N S 0.45gm Infusion may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
No information is available on the use of N S 0.45gm Infusio+more
n during lactation. Please consult your doctor....
N S 0.45gm Infusion does not usually affect your ability to drive.
N S 0.45gm Infusion should be used with caution in patients+more
with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of N S 0.45gm Infusion may be needed. Please consult your doctor....
N S 0.45gm Infusion is probably safe to use in patients with+more
liver disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of N S 0.45gm Infusion may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor....
If you miss a dose of Sodium Chloride, please consult your doctor.
Frequently asked questions for N S 0.45gm Infusion
Frequently asked questions for Sodium Chloride
Q. Is sodium chloride soluble in water?
Sodium chloride is soluble in water
N s is a neutral salt (neither acidic nor basic)
N s is an example of ionic bonding, where the molecule is formed by ionization of participating atoms and attraction between them
Normally, N s does not have an expiry date if stored under appropriate conditions
N s is ionic, which is considered highly polar
N s does not possess antioxidant property.
Substitutes for N S
No substitutes found for this medicine