Medicine Overview of Mucogen Tablet
Uses of Mucogen Tablet
Mucogen 100mg Tablet is used in the treatment of Intestinal ulcers and Stomach ulcers.
Side effects of Mucogen Tablet
Altered taste, Diarrhoea.
How to use Mucogen Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It can be taken with or without food, but it is better to take Mucogen 100mg Tablet at a fixed time.
How Mucogen Tablet works
Mucogen 100mg tablet increases the synthesis of prostaglandin, a chemical messenger which improves healing of the ulcer.
In Depth Information on Mucogen Tablet
Expert advice for Mucogen Tablet
- Notify your doctor immediately if you are or planning to get pregnant while taking this medicine. The Mucogen may cause miscarriage if taken during pregnancy.
- It is also important to avoid pregnancy for at least one month or through one menstrual cycle after you stop taking the Mucogen.
- The Mucogen should be taken during the entire period you're using NSAIDs (anti-inflammatory and analgesic drug) since it lowers the chance of developing stomach ulcers caused by NSAIDs.
- Mucogen is best taken with food and preferably at bedtime.
- Do not take antacids that contain magnesium while you are taking the Mucogen. Ask your doctor for help in selecting a suitable antacid.
Special precautions for Mucogen 100mg Tablet
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Mucogen 100mg Tablet may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Mucogen 100mg Tablet should be used with caution during lact+more
ation. Breast feeding should be held until the treatment of the mother is completed and the drug is eliminated from her body....
It is not known whether Mucogen 100mg Tablet alters the abil+more
ity to drive. Do not drive if you experience any symptoms that affect your ability to concentrate and react....
There is limited information available on the use of Mucogen+more
100mg Tablet in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
If you miss a dose of Rebamipide, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.